What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Chances

shear_joy9

Coach
how confident is everyone that Canberra can make the top 8 this year?

This is probably the least confident I've been before the start of a season for a long time.

The team has alot of ?'s around it

i question the ability of furner. he could be a ricky stuart..then again he could be a stuart raper.

you just dont know.

raiders will make the 8 though. they have the best home ground advantage in the country and play fast attacking football. they should win atleast 8 home games. 12 wins usually gets you into the playoffs.

im not worried about this season i think we will do okay im quite excited as theres so much change i have better feeling about the team than the old elliot days with the weird tactics or whatever

matt

Juniors
There are just so many things this statement could mean...:lol:

I think we are in with a shot, only time will tell how big of a shot though.

i am a brides nitey at the moment mate...Confused, torn, just so many emotions running through my body..:lol:

If they would just give me something to clutch on to..CAMPO needs Waddel at half back imo..

i have never in all my life encountered a longer off season than this..for reasons i think we both know..

So heres hoping for a kick arse start VTV.:D

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
we are a very good chance of making the finals. whether we are a chance of winning a finals game is a whole nother story. I was just thinking the other day we have won a total of 4 finals games since 1994. We won 4 finals games in 1989 alone.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i can't see why not. We've got a better roster then last year over all imo. Although henry and best are massive losses. It'll all come down to Furner as a coach. If he's bad, we'll miss the 8, if he's average we'll be mid table, might sneak in and go out the back door week 1 or 2, if he's good. Skies the limit. I think if injuries are kind and furner turns out to be a good coach. We've got a side that can win the comp.

legend

Coach
Roach is a moron. Plain and simple. 1989 is still eating away at him (should be vice versa) 20 years on.

In BL Graham Murray says we will rely heavily on our big four forwards , Shillo , thommo , Logan and Tilse.

We are f*kd the first few rounds because only 1 of the big 4 are turning up to play.

Roach is a tool , he , Jack and Pearce have crying sessions every week over that 89 GF.

Lime_Green

Juniors
A few months back I was very positive. I thought we'd recruited well and with the form of Campo, Monnas and Tongue in '08 we'd be well on track.

But the closer it gets to kick-off the more doubts I'm starting to have - particularly re: Furner. I'm getting Elliott vibes from him, very conservative and prone to favouring experienced hacks over new blood.

He is on record stating our strategy will revolve around our big forwards...given that we have lost two of them already I'll be interested to see if he can adapt quickly with a new gameplan.

I hope I'm wrong but I also detect a bit of a hang-over effect from last year.

This year, I have absolutely no idea on where we will finish. we could finish between 4th and 10th IMO. It really depends on whether Campese can continue his form and whether we play that exciting brand of football.

C'MON Raiders

BTW, My first post

matt

Juniors
This year, I have absolutely no idea on where we will finish. we could finish between 4th and 10th IMO. It really depends on whether Campese can continue his form and whether we play that exciting brand of football.

C'MON Raiders

BTW, My first post

Welcome mate..Watch out for Stellios he is a nutter imo.