What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Feast

Fangs

Coach
What are we all eating and drinking throughout September? It's turning into a festival for Fangs.

I'm keeping my eye out for those Aldi beer kegs. I think they are up to $40 this year but I enjoy them regardless. The 440ml coopers case will get a run otherwise.

Each weekend I have planned a rotisserie. Charcoal chicken. I also want to do pork knuckle in the oven. And if we make it to the big one I'll buy a tomahawk steak.

GongPanther

Referee
What are we all eating and drinking throughout September? It's turning into a festival for Fangs.

I'm keeping my eye out for those Aldi beer kegs. I think they are up to $40 this year but I enjoy them regardless. The 440ml coopers case will get a run otherwise.

Each weekend I have planned a rotisserie. Charcoal chicken. I also want to do pork knuckle in the oven. And if we make it to the big one I'll buy a tomahawk steak.
Those German Bier kegs usually come out for the Octoberfest, subject to delivery delays. They usually are $30, but at $40, its only once a year so I'll get two or three. Had a spare in the fridge which I was saving for 10 months, and it tasted even better.

Where do you get your tomahawk steaks? Saw one in Coles last week for $30.

soc123_au

Staff member
Last year for the GF I did a pork shoulder slow over charcoal for about 14 hours along with a bit of seafood, oysters Kilpatrick, mussels with a chilli and tomato vinaigrette and prawns, salmon cakes etc. Not sure about this year yet.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Those German Bier kegs usually come out for the Octoberfest, subject to delivery delays. They usually are $30, but at $40, its only once a year so I'll get two or three. Had a spare in the fridge which I was saving for 10 months, and it tasted even better.
It's called lagering. Originally they kept German lagers in underground caves during the winter. Best carried out just above freezing point.

Fangs

Coach

Where do you get your tomahawk steaks? Saw one in Coles last week for $30.

Yeah I read next Wednesday for the kegs but also saw they were experiencing delays. I wish there was more call for them. You don't see them anywhere these days.

I got put on to the meat emporium. Long way from Penrith of course but a fantastic range. Cast iron pan with their mb5 steaks is terrific.

Fangs

Coach
Last year for the GF I did a pork shoulder slow over charcoal for about 14 hours along with a bit of seafood, oysters Kilpatrick, mussels with a chilli and tomato vinaigrette and prawns, salmon cakes etc. Not sure about this year yet.

Oh yes.

Oysters would be amazing. Today is a great day for it.

GongPanther

Referee
I might just have a slap-up grill for breakfast. Then for laters a Ninja Foodi cooked whole chicken done in about 30 mins, with lots of salad.
( edit: Subject to change :) )

John Hamblin

Juniors
Don.t make it up on the run tell us BEFORE the final begin what the schedule is . This is REDICOLOUS. The NRL still have not told the clubs what the salary cap is for next year, Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Hamblin

Juniors
We are the Premiers and Minor Premiers won week one yet play AWAY yet the third placed team play at HOME UNBELIEVABLE!! Where r is the advantage for finishing FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Hamblin

Juniors
If the NRL want the Cow boys to play in Qld have the game at Suncorp. Where is the advantage for being the minor premiers NONE. Crap decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snickers007

Juniors
Don.t make it up on the run tell us BEFORE the final begin what the schedule is . This is REDICOLOUS. The NRL still have not told the clubs what the salary cap is for next year, Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been the stadium policy for years. Week 1 finals are "home ground" finals. Weeks 2 and 3 are "home region".

Clubs like Melbourne, Canberra, Newcastle, and Cowboys home ground and home region ground are the same.

Latest posts