What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Train On Squad.

K-Man

Bench
Bring it home Knights said:
It seems obvious to me. It's because as I've said a number of times, hagan is one of the boys, simple as that. He isn't a leader of the team, he's a groupie. By hagan not listing a 20 man team, means he won't have to take on the role of coach as apposed to friend. So he listed a 20 man team in order to not hurt his friends who wont be playings feelings. How pathetic can you get!

I genuinely believe this to be the case. It does seem silly, but there is a pattern of Hagan only taking this step (naming a 20 man team) when there are certain players that he would have to actually drop if he didn't (e.g. Lowrie, Reynoldson, Abraham). You will notice these players are NEVER named in premier league, but always on an extended bench. However, in a week when we have injuries and the next players in line are perhaps Brown, Tighe, Tolar, Hinton, Bailey etc, they just get named in premier league and used if needed, but they don't get the honour of being Hagan's 18,19 and 20.
This is because he sees them as reserve graders, but with the others he is trying to say "look mate I know you are not in the 17, but you are soooo close, please don't think I don't love you Todd because I do, you're coming to the Eels with me how exciting! And Reyno, we paid big bucks for you so I better not officially drop you it's too controversial, I'll just name you on an extended bench ok".