What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 1 vs Cowboys Discussion & Voting

renouf

Juniors
Confirmed on ch9 footy show its Friday night.

I find it funny how most commentators and players always mention the Roosters and Cowboys as favourites but rarely mention Brisbane.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
tough game this one. If we are at our best I think we are better, its just whether or not we can produce out best.

Snappy

Coach
So happy this is Saturday night.

Wayne will have the boys up and ready to go. I'm confident.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Saturday allows both teams to be well rested and ready to go. No short turnaround excuses for this one. It is gonna be massive.

hellteam

First Grade
I'm happy we're playing the Cowboys in a non knock out game.

I read today Wayne Bennett has never won a finals game at Suncorp (for all the teams he's coached). We have also never beaten the Cowboys in a finals game.

Interesting stats

Snappy

Coach
If any ticketed members would kindy like to share the access code with me (via PM) it would be greatly appreciated. After you've purchased your tickets of course.

Having some dramas with the ticketek site on my phone and worried bout missing out on decent tickets tomorrow.

I understand if no one wants to.

hellteam

First Grade
If any ticketed members would kindy like to share the access code with me (via PM) it would be greatly appreciated. After you've purchased your tickets of course.

Having some dramas with the ticketek site on my phone and worried bout missing out on decent tickets tomorrow.

I understand if no one wants to.

I was going to say the same thing :)

hellteam

First Grade
If anyone needs a code hit me up. Looks like tickets might go pretty quick, the white tickets are $20 adult! Cheaper than a normal game I think??

Maroon4life

Juniors
I think the broncos will win this, not sure if blind faith but the cowboys don't have the same form they had earlier in the season. They have to travel down to us and we have been finding good form in the last few weeks.

us by a margin no bigger than 8.

Bronco18

Juniors
I think the broncos will win this, not sure if blind faith but the cowboys don't have the same form they had earlier in the season. They have to travel down to us and we have been finding good form in the last few weeks.

us by a margin no bigger than 8.

I have a feeling we'll step up too, we haven't put together an 80 minute performance all year yet... If we do we'll do it here.

I think both sides have been treading water a little bit before the finals and both have players back from injury and should be fit and firing. Should be a cracking game.

hellteam

First Grade
I have a feeling we'll step up too, we haven't put together an 80 minute performance all year yet... If we do we'll do it here.

I think both sides have been treading water a little bit before the finals and both have players back from injury and should be fit and firing. Should be a cracking game.

Yeh agree, I've been looking forward to the finals for weeks now, pretty much just hoping we get through games with no injuries and not worrying too much about performance. It looks like the team has been thinking the same.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Yeh agree, I've been looking forward to the finals for weeks now, pretty much just hoping we get through games with no injuries and not worrying too much about performance. It looks like the team has been thinking the same.

Yeah pretty much. Don't let our under the radar position fool you into thinking we aren't a healthy chance. What these biased morons on LU who continue to underestimate us don't realize is that despite them claiming we'll be out in straight sets, in the bookies eyes we're second only to the Roosters in the premiership stakes (naturally you'd say, we finished 2nd on the ladder).

We're easily the most fit, complete team in the competition currently apart from the Roosters, but you would have to think that something has got to give with them eventually. That winning streak will definitely begin to take its toll eventually, probably if things fall our way, in their Prelim against the Cows at Allianz.

The All QLD Grand Final is looking extremely likely, and the flashpoint for that is this game, e.g how the loser responds to getting beaten in week 1 and knowing that now, their double chance is gone. This game on Saturday is going to be f**king huge in terms of shaping the finals series going forward.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Despite the second chance 2nd place gives you in the finals series I think this is a crucial game for Brisbane.

If they can beat the Cowboys, they can avoid the Roosters until the big game (if they get there). Let the Cowboys and Storm bash the shit out the Chooks.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I am thoroughly convinced that we have been preparing for this game for about 2 or so weeks. We were training to prepare for this game 4 or 5 days out from the Storm game, around the same time our 2nd place finish was assured. 2 weeks to prepare for a Qualifier at home, then if we win, another 2 weeks essentially to prepare for the Prelim at home again. What better finals preparation could you think of

Hello Grand Final.

Dazzat

First Grade
I am thoroughly convinced that we have been preparing for this game for about 2 or so weeks. We were training to prepare for this game 4 or 5 days out from the Storm game, around the same time our 2nd place finish was assured. 2 weeks to prepare for a Qualifier at home, then if we win, another 2 weeks essentially to prepare for the Prelim at home again. What better finals preparation could you think of

Hello Grand Final.

Yep ... Bennett has been taking the pressure peddle off a little over the last few weeks - resting a few key players and experimenting a little.

I like Kahu coming in for Maranta and the fact our team has been basically this configuration all year.

The big surprise packet for me over the past month has been Sam Thaiday. His "stepping-up" to become a metre eater in the middle of the park has been a huge influence. With our front row stocks at a low, Thaiday has been so important for us.

If Milford is going to be targeted - as he was last week - it's time for Boyd to step up his game. I'd also like to see Nikorima get more game time because he has shown enough to suggest he's up to boosting our attack when needed.

Nerd

Bench
With Hunt standing on the other side of the ruck to Milford and I would imagine doing most of the kicking as he has all season it will be a lot harder for the Cowboys to target Milford like the Storm did.

Latest posts