What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

renouf

Juniors
Here we go again.. some how we end up having to play the no.1 side in the second week of the finals AGAIN.

Based on our form we should win this.. but I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of what happened earlier in the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I couldn't take another Inglis try. We may need to invoke the Ashton Sims rule.

At the very least, the last month has shown just how predictable, vulnerable and beatable the Dragons can be. Bennett v Broncos, winner to play Bellamy. How many stories do you want here?

I'm gonna be spitting all week I think. Hopefully Parra do the Tits.

Here we go again.. some how we end up having to play the no.1 side in the second week of the finals AGAIN.

Based on our form we should win this.. but I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of what happened earlier in the year.

Dragons finished in first but we are not the number 1 side. If the Eels can beat us, you guys are a chance. Should be good though. Brissy/Saints games are always fun.

user_nat

Coach
I'm more worried about the game after this if we win.

We just have to hope that Dragons play like they did today, and Brisbane defend well.

Country Bronco

Juniors

It's called deja vu.

I"ve just had my last counselling visit. Can i suck on my thumb and i hide in the corner for a week and not be noticed. A years worth of therapy down the gurgler. Don't stick knitting needles in my ears!!! Mummy. I've cracked.

Why did Manly get off so easily?

renouf

Juniors
Yeah now that I think about it.. playing Melbourne in melbourne is even scarier..

It's going to be a nervy couple of week(s) :crazy:

Twigg

Juniors
We are farked. If only Newcastle won.

I don't think Dragons have ever lost at Suncorp. Also we haven't won at Suncorp during the finals.

Dragons are not at their best right now, but their coach can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

The big problem is that this game is a dead end. The winner will get farked in the a** by Melbourne in Melbourne.

Melbourne I think have been gifted another GF appearance.

We beat Dragons up here in 2004 I think. But apart from that...

A bit rich that they're calling this a 'home' game. The crowd split will be something like 55-45.

Big Pete

Referee
Henjak - Hoodoo Hunter.

Couldn't beat Melbourne - Ha! Beaten in Round 2

Couldn't beat St. George - Ha! Beaten in Round 24

Couldn't make the finals - Ha!

Couldn't beat the Titans away - Ha!

Henjak says bring it on baby!

Broncos93

Juniors
Henjak - Hoodoo Hunter.

Couldn't beat Melbourne - Ha! Beaten in Round 2

Couldn't beat St. George - Ha! Beaten in Round 24

Couldn't make the finals - Ha!

Couldn't beat the Titans away - Ha!

Henjak says bring it on baby!
Amen

Don't know why you guys are so devastated about our lineup. Better to lose in the semis to the good teams than to lose to them in the grand final. In saying that, I believe we can definately beat the Dragons. Storm will be a good match, but like I said, better lose in the preliminary than the grand final.

Think of it this way fellas, we're 6 from 6, beaten Dragons four weeks ago, beaten the storm earlier this year when we had our full squad. If we can win these next two games, we'll have unstoppable momentum going into the Grand Final, and then bring it on Doggies or Eels.

_Johnsy

Referee
From a dragon perspective, what better path coud you have to reach the GF.

Brisbane in Brisbane, Melbourne in Melbourne, Bring it on.

Mr Saab

Referee
As Han Solo said in Star Wars "I have a bad feeling about this"

f**king sh*t dragons...beat the eels and we play the eagles on friday night and a guaranteed win!

Big Pete

Referee
Yep.

It wouldn't matter if the Eels beat the Dragons by a thousand, the Dragons are always competitive against the Broncos and they'll push us to the 80th minute.

Should be an absolute cracker.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Defensive drills all week. If they can play the same type of defensive game that saw them hold the Dragons tryless at Kogarah then they can come away with this one.

If Henjak can get them to play with the same intent as they did for the 1st 40 minutes on Saturday, but for the whole game, there's not a team they can't beat.

Apart from the Bulldogs, who are looking very beatable right now, there isn't a team left in the playoffs that Brisbane haven't beaten this year.

Simple stuff. Defend defend defend, and the points will come on the back of this.

renouf

Juniors
Saints attack is too predictable, they've now lost 4 out of their last 5 games, only we can lose this game. We also kept them scoreless recently, which again showed up how predictable their attack is.

_Johnsy

Referee
I am trying to organise a shift swap at work. If I can organise one, up for a beer @ caxton before hand boys ? Would be great to get the LU lads going to this one together for a refreshment.

dragonszero9

Juniors
Saints attack is too predictable, they've now lost 4 out of their last 5 games, only we can lose this game. We also kept them scoreless recently, which again showed up how predictable their attack is.

Honestly don't know what your talking about, you guys gave us nothing that night we didnt throw anything at your defense

renouf

Juniors
Honestly don't know what your talking about, you guys gave us nothing that night we didnt throw anything at your defense

Yeah, because your attack was predictable. Parramatta did the same thing yesterday.. they rush up on Hornby and Soward and they have nothing.. we defended well, but St.George didn't really throw much at us.

dragonszero9

Juniors
Yeah, because your attack was predictable. Parramatta did the same thing yesterday.. they rush up on Hornby and Soward and they have nothing.. we defended well, but St.George didn't really throw much at us.

Because your guys limited our field position and we was always playing from our line

but anyway semi-finals are a different game goodluck :)

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I am trying to organise a shift swap at work. If I can organise one, up for a beer @ caxton before hand boys ? Would be great to get the LU lads going to this one together for a refreshment.

Unfortunately I won't be in Brisbane for this game. I'll have to console myself over an East India Pale Ale watching the action on TV.