What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals: Week 2

AuckMel

Bench
Adelaide v Fremantle

Collingwood v West Coast

I like the way Freo's playing and the Crows look out of touch. Freo by 8

Saturdays game really could go either way. The loss of McCarthy may just be enough to get the Pies up. Pies by 6

CyberKev

Staff member
Adelaide and Collingwood will both win, not necessarily by much, but by enough.

AuckMel

Bench
Enough was enough last night. On that form they'll be pounded by the Hawks next week.

CyberKev

Staff member
Enough was enough last night. On that form they'll be pounded by the Hawks next week.

Unless Hawthorn brings the type of game that it brought against Richmond earlier in the year, in which case Adelaide will win by 10 goals+.

They haven't looked great so far, the Crows, but they have some handy weapons and are alive and kicking.

The Hawks will need to bring it.

I'm even more confident this morning that the Magpies will get up.

James-Stewart

Juniors
Unless Hawthorn brings the type of game that it brought against Richmond earlier in the year, in which case Adelaide will win by 10 goals+.

They haven't looked great so far, the Crows, but they have some handy weapons and are alive and kicking.

The Hawks will need to bring it.

I'm even more confident this morning that the Magpies will get up.

Hawks are certainties next week. The Crows have Talia out and now probably Petrenko as well, but Talia is the big out as the Hawks have two of the best KPF's in the game. Rutten is slow and won't match Franklin's speed, so the Crows will have to either double team him or play a loose man in defence for the game. Hawks by 10 goals and a Hawthorn v Sydney grand final!

AuckMel

Bench
Phew. Tough game last night. Looking forward to the Swans although it's going to be a hell of a week.

CyberKev

Staff member
Hawks are certainties next week.

The same type of certainties that all and sundry assured me West Coast were across last week?

Adelaide will be into it up to their ears on Saturday night, and Collingwood even more so, I feel, against the Swans.

Should make for a good pair of games.

James-Stewart

Juniors
The same type of certainties that all and sundry assured me West Coast were across last week?

Adelaide will be into it up to their ears on Saturday night, and Collingwood even more so, I feel, against the Swans.

Should make for a good pair of games.

Who said West Coast were certainties? lol. Hawks by 50 this Saturday.

CyberKev

Staff member
Who said West Coast were certainties? lol. Hawks by 50 this Saturday.

Guffaw.

I went on a mission to argue that Collingwood were still well in the premiership hunt and got mocked and derided by all comers.

The magpies impressed me with how they ground down the Eagles.

James-Stewart

Juniors
Guffaw.

I went on a mission to argue that Collingwood were still well in the premiership hunt and got mocked and derided by all comers.

The magpies impressed me with how they ground down the Eagles.

Eagles haven't beaten Collingwood at the MCG since 1995. Certainties, lol! What a silly thing to say. Dawes is still playing like an epic spud and don't see that changing any time soon. Will need a big game from Cloke to beat Sydney this week.

CyberKev

Staff member
Will need a big game from Cloke to beat Sydney this week.

Not sure about this.

Dawes has always been spud-like and Cloke has only kicked 15 goals in the last six Collingwood wins against Sydney.

A Cloke night out would probably guarantee a Magpie win, but history suggests they can still win this one without a major contribution from him.

James-Stewart

Juniors
Not sure about this.

Dawes has always been spud-like and Cloke has only kicked 15 goals in the last six Collingwood wins against Sydney.

A Cloke night out would probably guarantee a Magpie win, but history suggests they can still win this one without a major contribution from him.

Sydney will have fresh legs, the Pies will be coming off a 6 day break and will need all the support they can get up forward. Dawes is no certainty to play this week either by the way. Even though he's been shit for a while he still has that physical presence up forward. Him shepparding the Eagles player from touching the ball on the goal line the other night is some of the 1%ers a player like that can bring.

Latest posts