What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 3 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Another year, another finals clash with the Melbourne Storm! Should be an absolute beauty with both sides hitting form at the right time.

Teams Line Up As Followed:

Brisbane Broncos
1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Israel Folau
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Alex Glenn
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Dave Taylor
11. Ashton Sims
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Lagi Setu
15. Tonie Carroll
16. Ben Te'o
17. Joel Clinton

Coach: Ivan Henjak

Melbourne Storm
1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner
3. Will Chambers
4. Greg Inglis
5. Dane Nielsen
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Brett White
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Adam Blair
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Jeff Lima
16. Ryan Tandy
17. Wairangi Koopu

Coach: Craig Bellamy

Referee's: Shayne Hayne and Jared Maxwell
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Discuss!

Pistol

Coach
although the storm seem to be our Mt Everest of teams, we've got the momentum on our side. The sides who've had the week off havent necessarily benefitted from it in the past.

I'm confident.

Broncos93

Juniors
I think it'll go down to the wire. Expect a miracle Darren Lockyer or Justin Hodges intercept to win the game for us haha. OR a miracle jump from Folau.

But seriously, looking at their team, if our forwards bash them like we bashed Dragons, and I think we have the better pack to do so, it gives Billy and Inglis no room to move. If we're to win this, it'll be won up front by our forwards and then finished off by some backline magic.

beads6

First Grade
Folau to score a double and Hodges to carve up Inglis.. It is on like Donkey Kong biach

if our forwards bash them like we bashed Dragons, and I think we have the better pack to do so, it gives Billy and Inglis no room to move. If we're to win this, it'll be won up front by our forwards and then finished off by some backline magic.

That's exactly how I feel about this game.

renouf

Juniors
I'm not confident because we rarely ever seem to beat Melbourne, especially not in Melbourne. I wasn't confident we'd beat St.George either, simply because of what's happened in the past.

We will miss Wallace badly.. maybe not as much as Lockyer, but I don't think he can do it all on his own. That said, I'm still not convinced Melbourne are as a good as most people think, IMO they are a long way off from where they were last year.

The Broncos should be fresh coming off the bye from last week. As said above, it's all won in the forwards.

Unlike last week I can't pick between these teams. It all comes down to on the night.

But the 2009 Premier is one of these 2.

jarro

Juniors
A great forward battle tomorrow night for sure ..... the Storm boys will be fired after watching the way we bashed St.george out of it last weekend.

As stated above, if we can bash them in the forwards, i think we'll go on and win the game.

Defence is the key.

Evenflow

Bench
although the storm seem to be our Mt Everest of teams, we've got the momentum on our side. The sides who've had the week off havent necessarily benefitted from it in the past.

I'm confident.

More teams have won the prelim going into it having the week off (19/30) than have lost. I agree that it might halt some teams momentum, the Storm had the week off before the prelim twice out of the last 3 years and won both of them so i don't think they're one ofthose teams.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Aside from Peter Wallaces' astute short kicking game of late I am concerned we'll lose our inside ball trick shot developed with Hunt, please just don't put Marsh or Gorrell in at 7 or we'll fall way short. Ben Hunt would not let us down and he has a bag of tricks of his own including lovely one handed offloads under pressure. Show some faith in the kid and we might just reap the reward, look at Yoh Yew AKA You Beauty !:D

renouf

Juniors
They have to pick someone who can direct the forwards around the park, and pass the ball to Lockyer at second receiver (when hes not at first).. so it has to be Ben Hunt, but its a gamble, because he might not be up to the defence..

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Adrenalin, enthusiasm and the confidence of a star studded list around him brimming with confidence and fire in the belly would allow Benny Hunt to flourish and may help progress his career to the next level everyone expects to see him make !!!!!!!!!! Ben Hunt is definately up to it.:D

renouf

Juniors
The day is here.. lets hope the boys can get this sh*t monkey of their backs once and for all, so sick of losing to Melbourne.

austyphoon

Juniors
Should be a cracker! Would be a disappointment if either team ran away with it.

Whoever wins this will win the Premiership I think, just shut down the Eels offloads and the game is won.

Good luck storm.

miccle

Bench
The winner of tonight will win the comp. With Wallace, I'd be confident, but something tells me we're just not up to Melbourne's standard again this year.

Storm by 4, but I hope I'm wrong.

good luck brisbane! may the best two teams win tonight.

go the thunderbolts and go the storm

and to make things better, is THERE IS A CHANCE, A STRONG CHANCE THE TITLE IS OUTTA THE HELL WHOLE WE CALL SYDNEY! WOOHOO!

LETS GO NORTH AND SOUTH! lol, luckily brisbane is my second fav team (strong family history for the broncos! but since 98 its all been one way!) other wise i would be dirty if we lost tonight, but i am confident we wont!

good luck

Broncos93

Juniors
The day is here.. lets hope the boys can get this sh*t monkey of their backs once and for all, so sick of losing to Melbourne.

We shook off the Dragon factor twice this year, we've beat storm once, we can do it again.
GO THE BRONCOS!

Latest posts