What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week One

Crush

Coach
Interesting finish to the season coming up, dragons could still finish anywhere from 5th-8th.
I think our best chance at winning week one of finals is against Warriors. They look to be the weakest of the other top 8 teams.
Panthers and Broncos would equal mad monday, particularly Broncos.
A home final against the warriors and we could be into week 2. Hopefully by then widdop and hunt are over their 12 week holiday.
Go Dragons.

ouryears

Bench
Interesting finish to the season coming up, dragons could still finish anywhere from 5th-8th.
I think our best chance at winning week one of finals is against Warriors. They look to be the weakest of the other top 8 teams.
Panthers and Broncos would equal mad monday, particularly Broncos.
A home final against the warriors and we could be into week 2. Hopefully by then widdop and hunt are over their 12 week holiday.
Go Dragons.
On current form we can't beat any of the top 8. However, if we somehow find our first 12 to 14 weeks form, we can beat them all.

Can we is the big question.
Today will give an insight.

41yearsaint

Juniors
On current form we can't beat any of the top 8. However, if we somehow find our first 12 to 14 weeks form, we can beat them all.

Can we is the big question.
Today will give an insight.
Sure will. If we play like shite and just scrape in a win, atleast I will only have one more weekend to organise my weekends around watching the Dragons.

ALSGI

Bench
The only thing that is certain is we play Panthers, Warriors or Broncos week one.

Only Dragons and Broncos can change 5th to 8th.

So if we win by 20, we’re back in 5th which means we play 8th. If we win by less than 20, we finish 6th and play 7th.

Presuming the Broncos beat Manly tomorrow in Brisbane, they will go to 7th (unless they win by more than 32).

• So we win by 20+, Broncos win by less than 33 means we play Warriors in Auckland.
  • We win by less than 20, Broncos win by less than 33 we play Broncos in Brisbane.
Both of these outcomes would see us lose week one imo.

• If we lose today we’re 8th and Broncos win the’re 7th, means we play Panthers at ANZ.
Sadly, losing today I think that would be our best chance in week 1.

Crush

Coach
The only thing that is certain is we play Panthers, Warriors or Broncos week one.

Only Dragons and Broncos can change 5th to 8th.

So if we win by 20, we’re back in 5th which means we play 8th. If we win by less than 20, we finish 6th and play 7th.

Presuming the Broncos beat Manly tomorrow in Brisbane, they will go to 7th (unless they win by more than 32).

• So we win by 20+, Broncos win by less than 33 means we play Warriors in Auckland.
  • We win by less than 20, Broncos win by less than 33 we play Broncos in Brisbane.
Both of these outcomes would see us lose week one imo.

• If we lose today we’re 8th and Broncos win the’re 7th, means we play Panthers at ANZ.
Sadly, losing today I think that would be our best chance in week 1.
Mate not sure how you get that we win by 20+ we play Warriors in Auckland?
If we win we will finish above Warriors so that means our home final.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Unfortunately IF we win today cant see us winning by many based on our mental state.....for mine we will end up playing the Donkeys.....so having said that will that be in Sydney or Bris if they finish higher than us presuming they beat Manly and have a better for a and against........guess it doesnt really matter as I said last nite as much as I dislike them its Storms year and daylight second.....hope Im wrong but I doubt it

Probably doesn't matter who we play in week 1 on current form.

If the players really believe in themselves and are willing to put in the effort, energy and determination we have a small chance of winning.

Have to start fast and score first, only then the team will give itself a chance to progress to week 2.

Not holding my breath.

BLM01

First Grade
Probably doesn't matter who we play in week 1 on current form.

If the players really believe in themselves and are willing to put in the effort, energy and determination we have a small chance of winning.

Have to start fast and score first, only then the team will give itself a chance to progress to week 2.

Not holding my breath.
On current form we wont beat a depleted Knights side..let alone Week 1 opponent. Hope I'm wrong

BennyV

Referee
Lol this is the reason I’ve avoided this forum in recent weeks...so much derp!

We just got held to nil and brutally bitch slapped by a bottom 4 team, at home, celebrating the retirement of one dragons legends and attempting to honour the passing of another.

But yeah, we’re definites to beat Warriors!

Old Timer

Coach
Unfortunately IF we win today cant see us winning by many based on our mental state.....for mine we will end up playing the Donkeys.....so having said that will that be in Sydney or Bris if they finish higher than us presuming they beat Manly and have a better for a and against........guess it doesnt really matter as I said last nite as much as I dislike them its Storms year and daylight second.....hope Im wrong but I doubt it
BSE the Bunnies are the real deal and Storm looking a very tired and ageing team.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Sad indictment really that we are discussing who it would be best to play in our game next week.
Reality is that this should be the other teams concern, like *^#@ how do we avoid playing the Dragons. Instead it seems pkayung tge Dragons will get you to week 2.

This is how far we have fallen.

Crush

Coach

We just got held to nil and brutally bitch slapped by a bottom 4 team, at home, celebrating the retirement of one dragons legends and attempting to honour the passing of another.

Thats right.
And I'll expect an apology when we do beat the warriors. :wink:

OzDragon

Coach

Warriors are the one team I’d hate to face week 1. They got some real potential this year.

The Damo

Juniors

Now now BennyV, “could” and “best chance” does not equal “definite”. You’re not normally one for deliberate misreading. To paraphrase Yoda - do not let your hate for the coach poison you to the dark side of bad faith straw manning.

Crush

Coach
Now now BennyV, “could” and “best chance” does not equal “definite”. You’re not normally one for deliberate misreading. To paraphrase Yoda - do not let your hate for the coach poison you to the dark side of bad faith straw manning.
Luke "I don't believe it"
Yoda "That us why you fail"

Its all about confidence. Just need a good win today and the boys will get some belief back.

Go Luke! I mean Dragons!

Latest posts