1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Finals.

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by Jane Murray, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

The Penrith Panthers has been given approval for the first semi to be held at our ground. Fantastic stuff.

Attached Files:

2. GoldCoastPather

GoldCoastPather Juniors

Fantastic!!!!!

blue bags and Jane Murray like this.
  3. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

This article came from Zero tackle, and as I am not computer savvy I had to screen shoot the article to post it.

blue bags likes this.
  4. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

Hopefully we can have more then we currently do. The tickets go so quickly to attend home games

blue bags and Jane Murray like this.
  5. blue bags

blue bags Bench

storm play both semi at suncorp Brisbane :confused: not lost in QLD for 17 games

6. Panther Pete

Panther Pete Juniors

blue bags and Pomoz like this.
  7. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

8. John Hamblin

John Hamblin Juniors

We having been playing semi final football all year. Get into the grind limit the opposition metres gained, good kicking game. No panic . Second best defence, good halves, outside backs who can take advantage of oportunities. Healthy roster and good depth. We are as ready as we can be. GO PANTHERS!!!

9. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

And we have, in fact, some finals experience. We also have players, who have played in the grand finals.

blue bags likes this.
  10. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

I love the optimism and love of the club.

That said we've played probably a top 2 season (so far) in the club's history yet are against individual players who have more games and more BIG game experience than most of our roster. Cameron Smith on his own has more games, more finals and more rep games than our entire spine combined. Keary is a 3 time premiership winner, Tedesco known as the best player in the game right now and 2 time premiership winner.

11. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

The rookies have atleast won comps in juniors. So that is good for them turning up and playing our best. If do that we win

12. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

Yeah we need that familiarity, fearlessness and talent to trump the others experience. Will be fun to watch.

13. Andy_P

Andy_P Juniors

Got no issue with Gal making us underdogs.

Also have faith in Cleary, Barrett and Ciraldo - that given that they've gotten us to where we are, taken us to a whole new level and in such a dramatic contrast to 2019 - to know how to get us mentally right for the finals.

14. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Eels really need to win there last two games to secure 4th spot as I expect Canberra to win both there games and they have a better for & against the the Eels.

blue bags likes this.
  15. blue bags

blue bags Bench

panthers prefer raiders than eels , maybe

16. Panther Pete

Panther Pete Juniors

It’s generally accepted the finals are like a whole new competition starting over again. I have massive concerns our young guys (Chrichton, Naden, To’o, Luai) will be overwhelmed in the big games. That is a stark contrast to the Roosters who are there every year, Storm and even Raiders who played in the GF last year.

WestyLife, Kilkenny and blue bags like this.
  17. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

At the end of the day you have to beat whomever you come up against. If I had a choice my personal preference would be to play the Eels in Week 1. I think our spine is better (and forward pack/bench) and if we are anywhere near our best we beat them. The Raiders I see as more dangerous opponents accross the board and have a genuine match winner in Jack Weighton who just seem to be hitting top gear since we beat them comfortably a few weeks back. At the same time I don’t think we are currently playing at anywhere near the level of the Roosters, we are going to have to improve considerably to get to where they are currently.

Pomoz and blue bags like this.
  18. Panther Pete

Panther Pete Juniors

I agree with everything you have written.

blue bags likes this.
  19. Alintheeast

Alintheeast Juniors

The advantage we will have is that this year the Grand Final will be at ANZ with 10k fans in attendance and who knows what the half time show will be. It will be much like a Bulldogs home game not the high pressure environment of past years.

The Teach and blue bags like this.
  20. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

I am confident our common sense State Government will step up and allow 50% capacity assuming there are no significant spikes in infections in the next month. Our own Glady Berejiklian has demonstrated far greater leadership than the knuckleads in Qld & Victoria and I am confident she will make the right call for GF day assuming as I say there is no significant upward spike.

blue bags likes this.