What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch & Fitzy swearing at One Another

cooba

Juniors
Just saw on WIN television a private video of Finch and Fitzy swearing at one another behind the goal posts after one of the "Raiders" tries at Canberra .

mr_sharks

Juniors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM4oX2HQbho

This was posted by someone in the Sharks forum. I'm sure you've all seen it though.
I must say I have met Finch before and I have not a bad word to say about him. Very nice to talk to, totally unpretentious. A good bloke IMO - the video shows Fitzgibbon is a c**k.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
You know I have seen this about a million times.

Whilst i'm not defending either of them...when I initially saw it I was speechless....now I just think oh well 2 players trying too hard...not such a bad thing....tell me you 've never heard this or saw this from another team in your life.....I know I've seen Andrew Johns do similar with his players...Ben Kennedy another.

To those who think its fantastic...get a life..

Of course as a fan your upset...OMG I suppose no one around here has ever felt like and acted like a spoilt brat in their life.:shock: ;-) :cool: :roll:

Oh your summary of Finch is exactly how I've seen him all the times I've come across him also. I've also found the same in Fitz.

You know they were just trying to win and sometimes trying to win brings out the BEST and WORST in players (people).

Daneel

Bench
It wasn't after a raiders try, it was after a sh*te finch kick into the ingoal on the 4th tackle. Good on Fitzy, someone has to pull finch into line.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Daneel said:
It wasn't after a raiders try, it was after a sh*te finch kick into the ingoal on the 4th tackle. Good on Fitzy, someone has to pull finch into line.

Who referred to a try??:?

Anyways its done now.

How about the Barrett slapping incident?? that was physical not just verbal:p

Nikki

Coach
Meh, it happens at every club. And the media are just latching onto it coz the Roosters are struggling atm (as are the Eels). The media have a great way of sensationilising things and kicking dogs when they are down. Havent met Finch but have seen Fitzy at a couple of fan days and he seems like such a gentle bloke.

IMO the media are becoming too intrusive on the field with all their cameras and what nots. Makes it hard to use the old addage "What happens on the field should stay on the field"

...Morticia...

Juniors
good rationalising rather than sensationalising post nikki. and it happens at a lot of games, just dont have it spread all over the media. as someone has mentioned somewhere, johns is a prime example of dummy spits on the field. i'm sure the audio to some of those would be similar :lol:

the thing is though, both involved might be nice blokes and get on fine off the field but the frustration on the field is obvious and this is the end result. but some are making this an off field drama as well and maybe should just take it for what it is. i know i work with people who give me the complete sh*ts and i want to yell at them but obviously dont because i still have a job but they're great out of work when their collective iq of 83 isn't a problem :)

roosters06

Juniors
It happens all the time at all clubs. I saw the players at a pre-match breakfast at the Crowne Plaza before the Raiders game, and Finchy and Fitzy were both sitting at the same table, partaking in a bit of a ribbing of Wingy (they saw an article about him being infatuated with some random girl in the weekend Tele).

Sometimes it takes someone to stand up and pull the rest of the team into line when things aren't going so well to turn things around.

Latest posts