What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finucane or Pangai Jr

possm

Coach
It is clear to most Dragons supporters that we need at least one more beast of a prop for season 2022 and it would be a bonus if we had him this season.

Right now Pangai Jr from the Broncos and Finucane from the Storm are both available for next season and widely spoken about as available.

Do you think we should sign one, both, or neither of these players and why?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
It is clear to most Dragons supporters that we need at least one more beast of a prop for season 2022 and it would be a bonus if we had him this season.

Right now Pangai Jr from the Broncos and Finucane from the Storm are both available for next season and widely spoken about as available.

Do you think we should sign one, both, or neither of these players and why?
I'm tempted by TPJ- but as a long-term replacement for Sims- not as a prop. However, the more I hear about the player revolt at the Broncos, the more I'm thinking that we may be importing entitled misfits with attitude problems.

Finucane a better fit attitudinally but I tend to think we already have a superior version of him in De Belin.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
OK and left field. I do not believe we need a beast of a prop (Vaughan, Molo, Lawrie, Kerr, McGuire). My thinking is that we are short in the back row. Could we nab Corey Oates and turn him into a Ben Creagh proto-type? He is a big bodied, mobile bloke who is only 25 years old. I remember being at Kogarah when Ben Creagh debuted on the WING! He turned out to be alright didn't he? Just a thought and just saying.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I would support sounding out TPJ. 25 years old and with some talent. I think Hook's no nonsense approach might sort him out. I like TPJ as a middle, not an edge forward.
Wasn't it mentioned earlier this week that Finucane was staying with the Storm for less $$$.. ? TPJ is a beast and has the Fear Factor about him.Perfect fit along with new buy Molo , and gives us that more formidable look

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
OK and left field. I do not believe we need a beast of a prop (Vaughan, Molo, Lawrie, Kerr, McGuire). My thinking is that we are short in the back row. Could we nab Corey Oates and turn him into a Ben Creagh proto-type? He is a big bodied, mobile bloke who is only 25 years old. I remember being at Kogarah when Ben Creagh debuted on the WING! He turned out to be alright didn't he? Just a thought and just saying.
I can't believe Corey is only 26 or 27 years old! (Born in 1994 apparently) . I agree with RD1, I think Corey would have a bit to offer in the second row. I would like Bird able to go back to the centres with a bit of a roving commission.

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
I would support sounding out TPJ. 25 years old and with some talent. I think Hook's no nonsense approach might sort him out. I like TPJ as a middle, not an edge forward.
And I believe that a number of these Bronco forwards need to get out of Brisbane where they are led to believe that their shit doesn't stink. It stinks volumes at the minute! These young(ish) Bronco forwards have grown up with a sense of entitlement. They have run rough shot as juniors and were told (think Wayne Carey from the North Melbourne Kangaroos) that they are gods gift to everything. Difference is that Carey is a genuine Hall of Famer. Anyway my thinking is that a move away from the Bronco's cultural (or lack of) aided by a liberal splash of humility my be the making of these boys into men! TPJ could be a decent pickup if he can swallow the humble pie.

TPJ has a great offload in him and this is what we are lacking at present.
On the flip side he also can struggle with defence reads.
The bonus we have to perhaps get him to the Dragons is he would have friends in Macca, Moose, Hunt and Birdy.

Gareth67

First Grade
I would prefer Funnicane , a proven toiler for the full 80 minutes however it would appear that he will remain down at Sin City .

TPJ , I really don’t know , as others have said the Dragons truly require some grit in the forwards , players whom you can depend upon from week to week to give their all and for mine TPJ does not fall into that category .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I would take the risk with Pangai.

25yrs old, but needs a strong mentor, not one over-bearing, but one who's straight to the point. Change of environment away from Brisvegas to the 'quiet' life of the 'Gong' would suit him. Broncos chipping in salary fits our current recruiting profile.

We still have spots available before the Aug 1st deadline and it appears he wants out before then. I don't think WT have availability now without moving someone on. Broncos paying for him for the rest of this season and next is appealing and wont impact our cap extensively.

He must play prop though, no edge bs.

Kylez3

Juniors
TPJ.

Dragons need a wrecking ball type player in their pack. Finucane is a workhorse and the type of player who can turn a pretty good team into a great team but isn't the most impactful

blacksafake

First Grade
Always been a big fan of Finucane.
TPJ tends to have a fair bit of shat in him & probably not as tough as he thinks he is but in this case I’d probably take him. Younger with more upside, particularly under a strong coach.
If Jack wasn’t back I’d definitely prefer Finucane though.

Gaygo

Juniors
Always been a big fan of Finucane.
TPJ tends to have a fair bit of shat in him & probably not as tough as he thinks he is but in this case I’d probably take him. Younger with more upside, particularly under a strong coach.
If Jack wasn’t back I’d definitely prefer Finucane though.
Dragons are talking to TPJs manager as of yesterday!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
TPJ would be a great addition. He is only 25 and will be hitting his prime. If he comes he needs to be prepared for 500% loadings if he faces the judiciary and he will be given every opportunity to face them. The Bunker and Review committee will make sure of it. As a player I would be scared to come to the Saints as my career will be tarnished as a grub. He can go to Storm and get away with any grubbiness and will be called a legend.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
TPJ would be a great addition. He is only 25 and will be hitting his prime. If he comes he needs to be prepared for 500% loadings if he faces the judiciary and he will be given every opportunity to face them. The Bunker and Review committee will make sure of it. As a player I would be scared to come to the Saints as my career will be tarnished as a grub. He can go to Storm and get away with any grubbiness and will be called a legend.
Harsh, and maybe a little bit exaggerated, but fair.