What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire Up! on fbi

Godz Illa

Coach
Can't believe there's no thread on the best radio show devoted to the barbaric ballet of rugby league.

Anyway, while you can never be sure if Brett and Steve are joking or not, they seemed serious enough about their very big name guest next week - David Gallop. Should be more interesting than the waste of space player agent they had on this morning at least

Tone83

Juniors
On point- does anyone know if or when or where roy and hg are coming back? Anyone know anything about them? The internet is oddly devoid of info.

Miss them so much, no doubt the best rugby league analysts in history.

Can't believe there's no thread on the best radio show devoted to the barbaric ballet of rugby league.

Anyway, while you can never be sure if Brett and Steve are joking or not, they seemed serious enough about their very big name guest next week - David Gallop. Should be more interesting than the waste of space player agent they had on this morning at least

This is my favourite RL podcast.

I tried out "League by the Fireplace", but the Manly bloke was too much of a dick smoker.

Zigwaa

Bench
Yeah it's top quality stuff. It's a must for any league lovers.

Loved their coverage of Dugangate and their snippets from the game's greatest thinker.

This is my favourite RL podcast.

I tried out "League by the Fireplace", but the Manly bloke was too much of a dick smoker.

Hey mate. You might be thinking of ?This Week in League?. We are Canberra and Melbourne supporters. We don't mind being called dick smokers but do not want to be associated in any way with Manly!

BDR

First Grade
Wondering the same. Right after the donation drive... wondering if that has something to do with it?

Edit: just as I typed this I checked iTunes and a new episode had downloaded

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
Apparently they (well, I mean Brett Oaten) were not returning this year, and there was a farewell podcast back in February. But I just found a new one downloaded in my iTunes... looks like they're back! Nice.

paulmac

Juniors
I have only just discovered fire up but I recommend them to anyone.Makes my daily walk a breeze,I also listen to Rugby League Down South,the Full 80 and Super League 5 live.If anyone knows of anymore decent RL podcasts can you post them on here.

Version 6

Staff member
Apparently they (well, I mean Brett Oaten) were not returning this year, and there was a farewell podcast back in February. But I just found a new one downloaded in my iTunes... looks like they're back! Nice.

Stephen Ferris with Brendan Cowell and someone who's name escapes me.

Still good, but not the same unfortunately. Brett was irreplaceable.

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
Stephen Ferris with Brendan Cowell and someone who's name escapes me.

Still good, but not the same unfortunately. Brett was irreplaceable.

Chris Gayle. Not the former Sydney Thunder dud import though.

Although now without the critically condemned under 40s coach, I think it still has the same spirit.

MaxPower

Juniors
It's really missing something without Brett, but they still have a good blend of youth and experience. Just need to focus on next week and take it one show at a time.

I find it hard to warm to Cowell for some reason. I can't put my finger on it.

He's rooted Rose Byrne who is scorchingly haawt, so he must have something going for him.

He's not particularly funny, dropped in the "insular peninsula" when talking about Wests Tigers which made no sense at all.

Jury's out, maybe he'll grow on me. A couple of Rose Byrne stories or pics would definitely curry my favour. :ls:

roofromoz

First Grade
Has it been on in the last 2 weeks? The last podcast on iTunes is 23 August. A couple of weeks before that, 2 podcasts appeared on the same day (the previous 2 weeks), so maybe it's another technical issue?

roofromoz

First Grade
Haven't been on for the past 2 weeks and not on again today - Chris Gayle has been on holidays. Back next week though, with HG Nelson and Billy Birmingham as guests.