What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firman injured at Henson Park

Anonymous

Juniors
Brett Firman has just been stretchered off in the PL match against Newtown.

I'm told its his knee and it doesnt look good.

Waiting for another phone call from Starkers and will post an article on Leagueunlimited after fulltime - which isnt far away.

Anonymous

Juniors
I think its serious. The ambos just carted him off and Mick Potter said its a suspected broken leg...

Brett Firman stretchered off with suspected broken leg
www.leagueunlimited.com

St George Bank Dragons half back, Brett Firman has been stretchered off with a suspected broken leg while playing Premier League against the Newtown Jets at Henson Park this afternoon.

With Saints leading 20-14 late in the second half, Firman was commanding proceedings and had earlier set up a try for team mate Mark Gasnier. But following a heavy tackle, Firman was unable to get up and was found clutching his knee when the stretcher was called.

St George went on to win the match 26-14 as an ambulance was called for Firman who by now, had a suspected broken leg.

The 22-year-old has just recovered from shoulder surgery in the off-season. He was also playing to re-gain his spot in the first grade which is currently being held by Mathew Head.

Report from Matt Starkey at Henson Park.

Bluebag

Juniors
I am told that it looks like a double break, Tibia and Fibia. Very nasty I hate seeing anyone get seriously hurt. It was a very tough game with both sides left ruing lost chances. Gasnier was very quiet though.

Bluebag

Juniors
I am told that it looks like a double break, Tibia and Fibia. Very nasty I hate seeing anyone get seriously hurt. It was a very tough game with both sides left ruing lost chances. Gasnier was very quiet though. One try was form an intercept and another from a cross field bomb that Ben Creagh took terrificly.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Bloody hell - just after the shoulder had recovered too. Another year where the two first-choice halves won't be on the pitch together.

On the other hand, it's a big opportunity for Matthew Head now...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Andy

First Grade
As a Newcastle supporter (formerly a Dragons supporter before Newcastle entered the comp in 88 ) I know how multiple injuries can determine how your season will unfold.

Newcastle has been devastated by injuries since winning the Premiership in 2001 and it saddens me to see similar circumstances at the Dragons with the likes of Ryles, Timmins, and now Firman again.

Wishing Firman all the best in his recovery (I'd have Firman in the NSW number 7 jersey before Kimmorley in a heart beat) and to your club for the rest of the season.