What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First coach sacking 2023?

Fangs

Coach
Paintman experiencing the ups and downs of coaching. Looks like 2021 again for the Cowboys.

Chimp

Bench
Toovs is an interesting one. I think him being Manly through and through, coupled with his NRL360 persona have put clubs off, and he’s probably missed the boat now. Could do with getting in somewhere as an assistant if he really wants to get back in the coaching game.
He’d be a good offsider for some of the current young head coaches in the game.

Toovs is an interesting one. I think him being Manly through and through, coupled with his NRL360 persona have put clubs off, and he’s probably missed the boat now. Could do with getting in somewhere as an assistant if he really wants to get back in the coaching game.
The fact that he didn’t put his hand up for an assistant role indicates to me his heart maybe isn’t in it unless it’s Manly. As you alluded, maybe it’s a Manly or nothing situ for him despite being shafted by the club.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think Toddy will start looking over his shoulder very shortly.
Something very wrong up at the Cowboys .

Yeah but not sure it's the coach. There's still a lot of plod in the side, some hefty deals hungover from the previous set up too. Taumalolo still has just about five years to run on a million dollar a year deal and is basically playing like Nathan Brown already. Val Holmes is on fullback money playing centre. Erratically at that.

Makes it hard to sign a quality spine, or keep blokes like the Hammer when money comes knocking. The 1 6 7 and 9 are all no more than solid with big money tied up in positions that don't need it.

Although admittedly Payten did sign The Chad for too much money as well. Anyway I think he can coach but I think the Cows are in a state that will take more than a year to get out of

Tiger5150

Bench
The fact that he didn’t put his hand up for an assistant role indicates to me his heart maybe isn’t in it unless it’s Manly. As you alluded, maybe it’s a Manly or nothing situ for him despite being shafted by the club.

Tooves has his own business and anyone who has their own small business knows, you cant half arse it and it takes a long time to build it up or wind it down. Im sure Toovs would put his business in moth balls for the right gig, but not for an assistants gig.

He's actually taken up the job as Manly's pathways coaching co-ordinator.