What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First ever LU High/Low competition

abpanther

Staff member
I'll start by saying that I am pinching this from another forum, however I have been playing it for years and it's fun, figure why not add it to the ever expanding LU NFL forum.

The game is pretty simple, each week you pick which NFL team you think will score the most points and pick which team you think will score the least points.

Scoring is simple: The difference between your high pick's actual score and your low pick's actual score is your point total for the week.

For Example: You picked the Chargers as your High and the Lions as your low, Chargers scored 33 and the Lions scored 7, Your total for the week is 26 points.

Ah but here's where it gets interesting, fun and strategic

You cannot pick the same team more than once for High or more than once for Low. So you can pick a team once for High and once for Low during the season, no more.

Also, if your Low team should outscore your High team in any given week you are penalised an additional 10 points.

If you miss a week or make an invalid selection and you are penalized 20 points. I will drop your name from competition if you miss multiple weeks.

You may submit a high/low combination late but only if it consists of two teams whose games haven't begun.

Almost everyone will have two or more negative weeks, don't let a bad week deter you from playing. It keeps the game fun and others will mess up too.

Obviously the remaining player with the highest score is the winner.

I will tally the scores weekly and provide a new thread every week with updated results and a list of the teams each player has selected for High and Low during the season to assist.

Feel free to join by posting your picks in this thread.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Week One

Thursday, September 9th

Minnesota @ New Orleans

Sunday, September 12th

Denver @ Jacksonville
Oakland @ Tennessee
Cincinnati @ New England
Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
Indianapolis @ Houston
Detroit @ Chicago
Atlanta @ Pittsburgh
Miami @ Buffalo
Carolina @ New York Giants
Green Bay @ Philadelphia
Arizona @ St. Louis
Dallas @ Washington
San Francisco @ Seattle

Monday, September 13th

Baltimore @ New York Jets
San Diego @ Kansas City

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
I'll probably end up editing this before the season starts.

High: San Diego
Low: Oakland

Monk

Referee
I'm so in

Week 1:
High: Tennessee
Low: Seattle

EDIT: High changed from Miami to Tennessee

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Just a reminder that there are a few of you that are interested and posted on the first page, but have yet to put your picks in. Make sure you do before the first game this Friday morning