What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Team Round 19

Jono078

Referee
We havnt gotten that many backs?

And plus some are likely to go..

Weve gotten MacDougall, Vuna, Lulia and Naiqama for backs.

And are losing Tighe and probably Carmont, Thaiday and Seage.

Pure_Knight

Juniors
for next year.... macdougall 1, macdougall 2, naiqama, macmanus, lulia, vuna, uate, franze, hinton, polglase, this johnson dude.... that would be 11 backline players that would be expecting to be in or near the 4 firstgrade spots

then uve got poleo, wooden, gordon and the flegg guys such as williams from this year thats a fair amount of backs for next year...which is good, but i cant imagine them all lasting the year when it becomes clear whoes gona get the spots

Like everyone else I dont see why are signing all these young fringe first graders get rid of L Mcdougall, Lulia, and Johnson, surely thats gotta be a minimum of $150k and use that money towards someone like Whatuira.

Seems like a long list of average players!

roopy

Referee
I think Johnson approached the club - not the other way around.
He has played 3 or 4 games for the Rosellas and gone very well from all reports.
One report from the Rosellas i read was about Johnson scoring a double and the coach saying he will be across the road (meaning at the knights) very shortly.

keeney

First Grade
I'm all for promise, but that is all our team for next year has, with the exception of Bedsy, Simmo and perhaps Cross.

As has been said umpteen times, an experienced campaigner would have been nice. But, between those three mentioned, and players like Paterson, Mullen, Walsh, Kidley and Naiqama, our team should fair a lot better in the deficient areas of the last few seasons.

Serc

First Grade
I saw this updated lineup in the weekly Knights News email:

First Grade

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Brad Tighe
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Cooper Vuna
6. Daniel Abraham
7. Luke Walsh
8. Mitchell Sargent
19. Terrence Seu Seu
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Zeb Taia
13. Reegan Tanner

Interchange:

14. Michael Young
15. Cory Paterson
16. Jesse Royal
17. Matthew White
20. George Carmont

Also, the weather on Sat night is looking like a chance of a shower during the game, with a decent S-SE wind around the 20-30km/h mark. Temp at the game of around 10-12C.

~knights~

Juniors
cory paterson is playing and steve simpson is out

and they have rushed back kirk reynoldson

carmont is playing and B.Tighe is playing 5/8

and Kurt Gidley will Captain the side

source NBN News

~knights~

Juniors
or kirk could replace taia or tanner @ lock and drop one of those back to the bench

who knows what side is going to run out Sat night

it's like a guessing compettion,lol

Yosh

Coach
We lose again...... Far out definately wont make the 8 this year. What can we salvage? WHAT CAN WE SALVAGE???

Serc

First Grade
Far out indeed - look at the teams hovering (or soon to be hovering eg Broncos) around the bottom of the 8! Will be the battle of the best PL teams each club can muster...

keeney

First Grade
I don't really wanna make the 8 this year. I've had my eggs in the 08 basket since the Broncos thumping.

If we somehow by miracle make the finals we'd probably get 8th spot then we have to go down there and play Melbourne away again.

At Olympic Park

2005- Melbourne 48 Newcastle 10
2006- Melbourne 52 Newcastle 6
2007- Melbourne 44 Newcastle 0

No thanks, I'd rather just save us the humiliation.

Latest posts