What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fisk on ABC Grandstand soon.

Quigs

Immortal
just heard at 12.40pm that Fisk is coming on Grandstand (ABC) very soon

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Fisk is on now..... and Irvine is coming on after 1-ish.

Wok is going to ask about Brown being asked to coach.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Nulla one of the things Fisk said was that he couldn't work with Irvine. He got on well with the board but Irvine was a different proposition.

Happy with the stability of the club and the turnaround that has taken place.

He said things were not as bad as some people had tried to make out.

He said he formed a pact with Sticky when he came over... Sticky to coach he will look after his side of it.

He said Sticky was shellshocked to learn that Brown had been approached considering he had 2 years left to run.

Fisk said that a lot will happen and a lot will be revealled in the next 48hrs (the AGM) and he was sorry to be leaving as he did want to do another 12months.

Fisk said he was approached by many at the ground last night to reconsider his decision to not take up another 12 month contract.

Basically I think that sums up what he said.

But the main thing apart from all the politics is that he was adamant that the club would survive and that we were stable financially to survive as we are.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

MTK

Juniors
Tell us what was said guys.

I only heard the last ten seconds and Fisk said that it was possible for us to service our debts. They then thanked him for a 'frank interview'. This is all I can offer; I wish I'd heard it, sounds like it was a doozie

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So start the countdown now of the reports you hear about the chairman acting outside the area of a member of the board.
How many other directors were in the sheds last night?
How many other directors rang around looking for coaches?

Foz

Bench
Guys one thing I dont understand is how/why are we using 80 per cent of the cap now but will be committed to 100 per cent of the cap next year?
I know the backended contract thing but why dont we rearrange things now (pay some players in advance and reduce etc).I understand players are committed to x amount of dollars to pay their bills etc but why would a player say no to some extra dollars now and less next year.
I can only think we really just dont have the dollars to do it.
Irvine sounds like a politician blaming some things on the past board.
Still he puts his own dollars in so he's entitled to his say.

Quigs

Immortal
Feel like one of those four eyed moles in parliament typing for hansard.

Okay Irvine said. - and this is just a rough summary.

Irvine said he was sorry to hear that Fisk had said he could not work with him. He said that they have had their business disagreements, but nothing that could not of been worked out. Perhaps it was a generational thing. (don't know what that means)

He (Irvine) said is just the mouthpiece of the elected board, and he has the full support of the current board.

He (Irvine) categorically denied having any contact either personally or via a third party with Brown and Brown to coach the sharks. He was glad the question was asked and that he had an opportunity to put his story out there. Irvine also strongly suggested that perhaps the Grandstand crew could contact Brown and interview him personally to clear the air.

Was questioned on the Sharks spending the cap for this year and for next year.

Irvine stated that the club had spent most of this years cap but as with most clubs was keeping some in stock for spending if needed - something about the 30th june deadline, and also the club was spending up to 70% on the youth sides.

He mentioned that money was tight for this year but good work had been done and the club was going to spend the full cap for next year. They had indicated this to the incoming coach Flanno.

Also he mentioned about the decision to contract Flanno for the job as a steady change over from Sticky. He stated that over the years the club had invested a lot oftime into Flanno an he is more then capable of stepping up to fill the first grade coaching spot.

Irvine said that the club was heading in the right direction and was looking forward.

Wok asked Irvine about his appointment to the board and his transition to Chairman.

Basic sum up - Irvine said he was elected along with two others at the last AGM and the subsequent turmoil and eventual departure of Barry saw him as the nominated Vice Chairman that he was to take over. He also said that he received the most votes at the last AGM and that automatically gave him the spot of Vice Chairman. When Barry got the boot - the board elected Damien.

He also mentioned he has two other businesses, is a life long sharks fan, and has had corporate boxes for 13 yrs..( i think that was it)

I think I covered most of it..... but could have a few minor errors in the summary.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

MightySharks

Bench
I thought he spoke very well, did not take any swipes at Ricky or Fisk. Showed some class.

All he wants to do is help Cronulla, what is wrong with that?

All Ricky is worried about is being a career coach.

Quigs thanks a million.

Great summaries.

Appreciate your effort to get everything that was said across to the forum.

Quigs

Immortal
No worries - double time and half on Sundays.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs