What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitz and Hannay

snout

First Grade
Did l read Fitz has given hannay a job next year?
l hope l f**king dreamt it.

He has no idea how to prepare a first grade side.
Not a friggin clue.

The cows were woeful last year. A rabble.
Green got punted and this bloke took the reins and they got worse. Week after week scores blew out.
I couldnt believe it when his name was mentioned to come here.

That piss poor effort in defence today is on the players but it reeks of a mob who are clueless.

No structure. One up. One out. Nothing lateral - if the raiders went sideways they went thru us.
No heart for it.
No belief in the bloke beside or even a semblence that theyd even trained together before today.

What would Fitz have hannay do next year??
Cant give him any responsibility.

Can you sack 2 coaches in the same season?

Craigshark

First Grade
I think I saw Hannay say that his management were working on a new deal.. haven’t seen it announced anywhere though. Maybe if they make the finals he gets a deal?

Bob Scott

Juniors
Well i can tell you if he stays then some of the bad habits stay , i remember when the Warriors kept that coach " Cappy " on as an AC when Kearney came all the bad habits stayed . AC's coach so if Hannay coaches some of the crap he's coaching this year then things don't change .

sladden road

Juniors
Hannay should be given a AC job next year. He knows the club and players amd will learn a lot under the bald man. He has stepped in and performed with what he has IMO admirably. Seems a little lost at times but f**k who wouldn’t be. I’m with QS on this one. He’s in conversation with Fitz. Deserves a job with support in a system on the improve.

snout

First Grade
There’s also a big difference between taking over a job that you want with a Pre-season as opposed to unexpectedly being thrown the clipboard without notice mid-season.

Oh and by the way, isn’t he supposedly being told to run experiments for Fitz too?
What is the big difference?

Inferno

Coach
Hannay should be given a AC job next year. He knows the club and players amd will learn a lot under the bald man. He has stepped in and performed with what he has IMO admirably. Seems a little lost at times but f**k who wouldn’t be. I’m with QS on this one. He’s in conversation with Fitz. Deserves a job with support in a system on the improve.

Its already been confirmed that he's sticking around as an assistant coach at least for one year https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/02/extremely-disappointed-hannay-frustrated-with-dugans-breach/

Quicksilver

Bench
What is the big difference?

ok so you’d rather be given a team in round 5 that you didn’t pick, instead of picking your own players (even if you’re only able to fiddle around the edges) and spending a pre-season with your squad prepping them to what YOU want them to do?

You’d also be happy to make significant changes (if you feel they’re warranted) mid-season without a pre-season to trial the way YOU would like to do things? Plus minimal one-on-one tuition time for any player moving position.

Also If there are players that are potentially suited to a different position then they have already adapted their physique for a certain role. At this level a tiny bit less muscle mass or fitness makes a difference.

There’s a reason why pre-season is considered hard.

Different coaches have different styles and adaptation takes time.

And then on top of that he’s just a stand-in, apparently taking orders from someone else and running an extended trial to see what has to be done next year...

Frenzy.

Immortal
He said weeks ago, in Cowboys game presser, he was looking forward to working with Fitz next year.

He was always staying. The deal just needed doing.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I’m just a bit concerned the current team are just running their own show and I’m mainly talking off the field. I’ll give you the tip, I’m definitely no prune but when you have certain blokes in the team vaping on social media up there in the QLD, I think questions need to be asked about who these blokes are actually answering to?
I just think young kids watch these blokes and look up to them and here they are casually vaping on social media. Could you imagine storm or rabbit blokes doing this? Wake up fellas.

I’m just a bit concerned the current team are just running their own show and I’m mainly talking off the field. I’ll give you the tip, I’m definitely no prune but when you have certain blokes in the team vaping on social media up there in the QLD, I think questions need to be asked about who these blokes are actually answering to?
I just think young kids watch these blokes and look up to them and here they are casually vaping on social media. Could you imagine storm or rabbit blokes doing this? Wake up fellas.
Which ones mate?
You aren't dobbing if they are showing it off to the general public.
I personally don't give a rats, I just think it is a bit silly to be putting anything on social media when in the bubble unless its about footy, as the press will be latching onto it, and I wanna know who the dumb arses are

Edit: and for the record I have been vaping for 3 months. Got me off the smokes straight away. I have no problem with it. Mine has nicotine in it though, I bet there's dont, which to me is very bizarre.

Craigshark

First Grade

saw it and thought the exact same. f**ken dumb look.

hunt, talakai and Fifita were in the videos.. looked like they couldn’t give a rats that we still have 7 games to go. we’ll probably be the first team to be kicked out of their hotel.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Which ones mate?
You aren't dobbing if they are showing it off to the general public.
I personally don't give a rats, I just think it is a bit silly to be putting anything on social media when in the bubble unless its about footy, as the press will be latching onto it, and I wanna know who the dumb arses are
I don’t really wanna snitch but as you said it’s for all to see so I guess I’m not really. It was on fifi’s Insta(no surprises)... it shows Royce puffing away but in clear view you can see both those boys have vapes and Talakai was with them but didn’t show him having a vape so I won’t make assumptions on him. You just get a feel they are on a end of season trip rather than the backend of a season fighting for a top 8 spot