What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzgerald enters Eels Hall of Fame

Patorick

Staff member
http://rugbyleaguelive.com.au/Articles/1882/2008/06/28/Fitzgerald_enters_Eels_Hall_of_Fame.aspx

4135_DenisFitzgerald_newsltd.jpg

By Dominic Brock | rugbyleaguelive.com | 28/06/08 | 0

Parramatta Eels chief executive Denis Fitzgerald has been inducted into the Eels Hall of Fame.

Denis was unanimously nominated by the Hall of Fame voting panel of Ray Hadley, Ray Warren and Neil Cadigan.

Fitzgerald played 145 first grade games, and took part in the 1976 and 1977 grand finals.

After retiring in 1977 Fitzgerald took over as the Eel’s chief executive in 1978.

This is his 30th year in the role.

“I feel very honored to join the list of such illustrious players who have already been inducted,” Fitzgerald said.

“I was particularly honored to receive the award from a former teammate in Bob ‘the Bear’ O’Reilly, who I rate as one of Australians best ever front rowers”

Other members of the Parramatta Hall of Fame are Ken Thornett, Neville Glover, Steve Ella, Michael Cronin, Eric Grothe, Brett Kenny, Peter Sterling, Ray Price, Dick Thornett, Peter Wynn, Dean Pay, Steven Edge, Bob O’Reilly, Jack Gibson, Ron Lynch, Billy Rayner, Brian Hambly, Ron Hilditch and Barry Rushworth.

Surprised he didn't nominate himself earlier...

Azkatro

First Grade
Congratulations to him. He has given his entire adult life to rugby league. Anybody who begrudges him this honour is a fool.

Hanscholo

Bench
ROFL. If ever there was a sign that someone has to go it when they start turning themselves into demi god stalin types that need a statue of themselves somwhere.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He has given the Parra club 30 yrs of service, unfortunatley 20 more than what was needed.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
well deserved based on his performances with the Eels

I bet he is a very proud CEO atm

bartman

Immortal
"Fitzgerald enters hall of fame..." What, did he go back in time to when we actually had a hall, and not a video screen and 17 portraits? ;-)

Good on him anyway, he made it to Australian level as a player, and presided during the club's most successful period.

Latest posts