What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzhenry to Hull KR?

Trollhammaren

Juniors
He has a legion of 'fans' who take the piss out of him, and he is pretty much a cult figure for the club.

He is the club's all time highest try-scorer btw.

A brief history:

Made his first grade debut at 5/8th in 2002. He was mediocre at best for the next 2 or 3 seasons playing either fullback, centre, 5/8th and hooker/dummy half.

A switch to the wing changed his game, and he is best suited to this position, where he can help out with the decent dummy half runs when the forwards are tiring.

He has a lot of flaws, which are obvious, and has played his fair share of shockers, but he's improved immeasurably in the last 3 seasons, and can put in some solid performances, and 'tries' as hard as almost anyone. Always chases hard and backs up well.

Is also the world record holder for longest headbutt of a football (30 metres over the deadball line).

alien

Referee
Trollhammaren said:
He has a legion of 'fans' who take the piss out of him, and he is pretty much a cult figure for the club.

He is the club's all time highest try-scorer btw.

A brief history:

Made his first grade debut at 5/8th in 2002. He was mediocre at best for the next 2 or 3 seasons playing either fullback, centre, 5/8th and hooker/dummy half.

A switch to the wing changed his game, and he is best suited to this position, where he can help out with the decent dummy half runs when the forwards are tiring.

He has a lot of flaws, which are obvious, and has played his fair share of shockers, but he's improved immeasurably in the last 3 seasons, and can put in some solid performances, and 'tries' as hard as almost anyone. Always chases hard and backs up well.

Is also the world record holder for longest headbutt of a football (30 metres over the deadball line).

NO WE DONT TAKE THE PISS OUT OF HIM

1005146239a4356410294b791665085l.jpg

1005146239a5031572878l.jpg
http://file011a.bebo.com/5/large/2007/07/20/15/1005146239a5031572878l.jpg
even the peeps in melbourne know who KING FITZY is :lol:

Estoboy

Juniors
what the hell are you doing holding my banner in melbourne!!!!

fitzy rocks

I don't see players coming over to shake the hands of the Fitzy Doubters after the game!

innsaneink

Referee
Strengths- very quick, supports OK I guess....thats all.
Weakness- wont take on the line, indecisive, stops starts, runs in circles, confidence player., poor defender at times.
Fitzhenry can play at centre, stand-off or on the wing and would be a welcome addition to Morgan for the 2008 season.
No he cant....wing is really the only possy he goes OK in...dunno why hes called a utility, hes crap everywhere else.

chopsy_05

Juniors
Please take him! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Although he's had a relatively good year he still has one brain snap in him every game. He runs round in circles and is highly suspect under the high ball. Jim Beam cup material.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
chopsy_05 said:
Although he's had a relatively good year he still has one brain snap in him every game. He runs round in circles and is highly suspect under the high ball. Jim Beam cup material.

sshhh - dont tell them act like he's the man and then you can offload him.

What situation - if salford finish above Hull KR then phatz goes to play for a cellar dweller and if Hull KR finish second Benny Galea and Fitzy going to play for a crap team.
Phatz should of just went to canberra - at least they might have a small chance of playing finals football.

Anyway

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
chopsy_05 said:

sshhh - dont tell them act like he's the man and then you can offload him.

What situation - if salford finish above Hull KR then phatz goes to play for a cellar dweller and if Hull KR finish second Benny Galea and Fitzy going to play for a crap team.
Phatz should of just went to canberra - at least they might have a small chance of playing finals football.

Anyway both of them will be better than mark oneill - I hope hes retired b'coz alot of money being wasted on him.
Fitzy should cash in while he is still a recent grand final winner

colonel_123

Juniors
GJB-HKR said:
http://www.sporthull.co.uk/rugby_league/hull_kr/news/displayarticle.php?ID=1781

Hi guys, sorry if it's allready been posted, but it appears my club may be in for your utility back Fitz.

Would you say he'd be a good signing, what are his strengths and weaknesses, would you miss him?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and good luck for the rest of the season,

Garreth.

He's not as good as some will make him out to be, he's not as bad as others claim.

Basically he's a solid first grader with plenty of experience who has good speed and a bit of a habit of finding the tryline. He's played every back line position and at hooker but his best position, by far is on the wing.

Can have some down days where he gets caught out in defence and with his handling, and has a habit of trying to jink and spin his way through the line rather then running hard at a hole.

However he's a good dummy half runner (hence why he played a bit at hooker) and he's very good at stealing quick metres off the back of good go forward.

From what I can tell I think he's also got a good attitude, trains well and has plenty of experience.

smeghead

Bench
colonel_123 said:
He's not as good as some will make him out to be, he's not as bad as others claim.

Basically he's a solid first grader with plenty of experience who has good speed and a bit of a habit of finding the tryline. He's played every back line position and at hooker but his best position, by far is on the wing.

Can have some down days where he gets caught out in defence and with his handling, and has a habit of trying to jink and spin his way through the line rather then running hard at a hole.

However he's a good dummy half runner (hence why he played a bit at hooker) and he's very good at stealing quick metres off the back of good go forward.

From what I can tell I think he's also got a good attitude, trains well and has plenty of experience.

Thats it in a nutshell pretty much

bjm8

Juniors
colonel hit it pretty square. hes not the worlds greatest player, more like an average first grader who every now and then does something absolutely brilliant (like his highlight reel of long range solo tries), or something absolutely stupid (ie. the world record headbutt incident). Still, hes a legend of a bloke and my favourite player, i hope he doesnt go anywhere.

He's awesome Mr Hull KR. He would be a massive loss for the Tigers. Up there with Marshall and Farah for effectiveness and creativity. He is also Wests Tigers' record try scorer. EVER. Asked for a summary I would say he is a winger like Irvine, a fullback like Jack, a dummy half as good as Elias and a 5/8-standoff- as good as Brett Kenny. If you are paying him anything less that 500,000 pounds a season you have yourselves a bargain.

I just hope this is all done quickly so we can give him an emotional farewell lap against Soufs in Round 24. The tears shed for Pearce after Mat Parish butchered a game in 1990 will be nothing compared to the rivers cried when Fitzy leaves us

We have to make him sound good. Imagine if word gets out in the UK that the bulk of Tigers fans close their eyes and shout `just f**king hold it' or `2 hands' every time he gets it. It could scupper the entire deal. Just like when Lowes sell trackies

smeghead

Bench
You have a sick fascination with trackie dacks Mulli. It really is quite disturbing. Soon you will start wearing them in public and drinking with kingy & Alien at the Railway Hotel in Lidcombe.

It's not too late. Professionals can help

I don't have a mask to wear so I would be like the black sheep.
As an aside are those 2 related ?
Similar physique, penchant for wearing masks, etc

Is there not a house of ill repute close to the Railway Hotel as well ?
Perhaps that is the real reason for the mask fetish
Maybe they like their `lady friends' to dress up ?
I did gather that they were from a gene pool that makes Tassie look like a hotbed of multiculturalism

Latest posts