What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
"I mean, a Sydney suburban slug-fest between two teams situated 25 kilometres apart was fine, and the skills of the likes of Nathan Cleary a wonder to behold, but after the international grandeur and wild flowing mercury of the Boks-Wallabies match, didn’t the NRL feel ever so slightly ... suburban and staccato."

Its hard to comprehend how much of wanker someone has to be to write this drivel.

not that he ever has

but this is proof definitive he has NFI about what the average modern day aussie wants on his telle as sporting entertainment

it has never been yawnion
it will never be yawnion

he & most toffballers struggle with this reality.

Who is the Fitzsimons bloke this thread is about? Anyone important?
wtf-wtf-tom-delonge.gif

flippikat

Bench
Omg I agree with the idiot

In some cases, dropping the name was ridiculous - like ACT Brumbies dropping ACT.... but for the teams over here in New Zealand, the geographical names for Super Rugby teams were inadequate - the "Auckland Blues" region currently includes Northland, the "Canterbury Crusaders" region includes Tasman (Nelsin/Malborough), Mid Canterbury, South Canterbury, West Coast & Buller.. and the "Wellington Hurricanes" region includes (deep breath) Wellington, Horowhenua-Kapiti, Wairarapa-Bush, Hawkes Bay, Manawatu & Wanganui.

You just can't easily come up with a geographical identifier for the NZ Super Rugby regions, because those identifiers JUST DON'T EXIST - unless you want to rattle off all the provinces that compose those regions.

The_Frog

First Grade
Don't tell him the roosters which represent the area in which he resides is far bigger now since they changed their name..
He's ripping into them today as well for coming to the conclusion that claims of racist remarks against Tedesco were unsubstantiated.

To those blocked by the SMH paywall, this is the finding of Judge Fitz:

I don’t know the ins and outs of the Tedesco saga, whether he did or didn’t do it.

I will say, prima facie, I can see no reason why the woman in question and her sister, who backs her up, would fabricate the whole thing. And I reckon Tedesco’s explanation – that he was just chatting lightly about the Korean series with his mates, she overhead it, and thought it directed at her – highly unlikely.

That's it. In an environment where players are being sanctioned and fined for being in a photo with a broken trophy, lets hang someone out to dry, one of the game's best players in fact, because Fitzsimons can't think of a reason why a woman would complain. I can think of several but then I haven't had my head bashed about for years in a rugger scrum.

Last edited: