What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five (5) x T20 - NZ in Bangladesh Dhaka Sept 2021

TheParraboy

Staff member
Someone else is crappier than us in Bangladesh

Kiwis all out 60
Bangers won the first T20 by 7 wickets

2nd t20 tomorrow at 8pm

Front-Rower

First Grade
Someone else is crappier than us in Bangladesh

Kiwis all out 60
Bangers won the first T20 by 7 wickets

2nd t20 tomorrow at 8pm
I saw some highlights. It wasn’t pretty. The bangers spinners were taking the head off their wicket keeper with some deliveries then getting them to virtually roll along the ground. Who’d want to be a batter.

JJ

Immortal
To be fair, I don't think there's a single guy there that would normally be ion our T20 side... maybe big Colin... but he's hardly a guy for turning conditions - if Latham and Nicholls play well we might grind out triple figures in one game...

Guess that was similar for you, but yeah a thorough towelling coming up

edabomb

First Grade
Yeah Latham and Nicholls need to go full test match mode. Same ground for all 5 games so it's only going to get worse. Get Blundell rolling the arm over, good enough to bowl in the Boxing Day test means he's surely good enough on a dustbowl.

JJ

Immortal
I’m literally thinking who the f**k is Ben Sears? Seriously what a joke tour this is

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bangers won the 2nd T20 by 4 runs
Bangers 6/141
Kiwis 5/137

Close but no cigar for the spirited kiwis

Bangers 2-0

3 more to play

simmo1

First Grade
To be fair, I don't think there's a single guy there that would normally be ion our T20 side... maybe big Colin... but he's hardly a guy for turning conditions - if Latham and Nicholls play well we might grind out triple figures in one game...

Guess that was similar for you, but yeah a thorough towelling coming up

Unfortunately, no such excuse. There was at least 4-5 first choice players playing for Australia in the Bangladesh series.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Unfortunately, no such excuse. There was at least 4-5 first choice players playing for Australia in the Bangladesh series.

how many batsman though?

Our bowlers did the job, batting let us down

Possibly Wade and Marsh bat in the top 7, and they were our best bats v bangers

We got what we deserved all the same

JJ

Immortal
no excuse - but literally nobody there from our best team - something like:
Guptill
Conway
Williamson
Phillips
Neesham
Seifert
Santner
Sodhi
Ferguson
Southee
Boult

add Taylor, and I'm probably forgetting one or two - only guy there from our top squad would be Allen, and he got Covid so hasn't played...

We got close that one, but I don't know what to make of it tbh

simmo1

First Grade
no excuse - but literally nobody there from our best team - something like:
Guptill
Conway
Williamson
Phillips
Neesham
Seifert
Santner
Sodhi
Ferguson
Southee
Boult

add Taylor, and I'm probably forgetting one or two - only guy there from our top squad would be Allen, and he got Covid so hasn't played...

We got close that one, but I don't know what to make of it tbh

I meant no excuse for Australia. They were missing the IPL guys but had most of the others playing.

Bangladesh are hard to beat on these conditions though. I think at times it is a detriment to their batsman to keep producing these pitches.

JJ

Immortal
I meant no excuse for Australia. They were missing the IPL guys but had most of the others playing.

Bangladesh are hard to beat on these conditions though. I think at times it is a detriment to their batsman to keep producing these pitches.
Ok, would be interesting to see how full strength teams went there. Agree on the conditions, certainly helps them win but not sure how that helps them compete in more ‘standard’ conditions

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kiwi crumble is back

all out 93
Bangers 4/96

Bangers win series 3-1
one match to play

JJ

Immortal
Weird series, coming into a World Cup you’d have thought we might send a couple of playerd that might feature in it, and they might prepare conditions that would help them prepare…. Meaningless, but that’s what T20 is

I’ll now mention we’re the test world champions and #1, Warnie seems to have forgotten

JJ

Immortal
3-2 series loss without a single member of our T20 World Cup squad isn’t the worst