What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flags at SFS

WTC

Juniors
Noticed the Saints flags in the SFS car park on Sunday
They were put there by the SCG trust, just St George, no Illawarra mentioned?

skinnydragon

Juniors
To even it out, at Fox Studios, or whatever it's called these days, had a board of upcoming events for April, and it had Sydney Roosters v Illawarra Dragons.

Doug2234

First Grade
To even it out, at Fox Studios, or whatever it's called these days, had a board of upcoming events for April, and it had Sydney Roosters v Illawarra Dragons.

So you were the one who scribbled with marker over the St. George bit of that poster....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The SFS is the old Sydney Sports Ground and is part of the SCG Trust. As such, they have a nice plaque in their legend's walk celebrating St George. It is part of the rich history of the SCG and the SFS is attached to this. The Anzac match reflects this heritage. I wouldn't read anymore into it. St George after all are a great rugby league name.

saintzrule

Juniors
They're probably the only flags of that type the Trust had access to.
I wish they could fly the St George flag that was on display over the ladies stand at the SCG with our club championship years on it. The flew it every time we played there in the 60s, 70s and early 80s, which was a bloody lot!Where is that flag?

The one thing I do like about the Illawarra word that was affixed to our logo is that it's on the bottom, and has the appearance of being trampled on by St George. I doubt it could have turned out better if it was planned that way.

Latest posts