What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flags - In stock Now! (Red V Flag SOLD OUT)

Which design is your preference?

• Option 1

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Option 2

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Option 3

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • Option 4

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters

STG-MACCA

Bench
Hey there,

After a tip from old mate Adam, and his awesome looking flag creation (see picture at the bottom), I have been doing some research on the possibility of manufacturing our own custom flags as a bulk buy.

I'm looking at doing a batch of about 50, so this post is an attempt to sound out if there is any interest out there for this idea (would cost a little to get the order on the way) and don't want to be left out in the cold. This is aimed at creating some extra atmosphere for our run into the finals, and I believe will compliment our abundance of signs.

Below are the designs that I propose, however in order to keep the costs to a minimum, we would need to run with a single design only, although this is completely customisable with your own choice of text (this is an optional inclusion if you wanted it and a little more cost on your flag).

Text ideas include: Players names, motivational slogans, Defence, Dragon Army etc.....

Each flag would cost approximately $20 (less if we could get more then 50) and this is a direct pass on of what it will cost me.

Size = 0.9m x 1.4m

If you can see yourself giving one of these a wave and you are interested in purchasing, please vote and let me know how many you will take :D

***UPDATED SINCE FLAGS HAVE ARRIVED, SEE MOST RECENT POST FOR PICTURES***

Last edited:

OurRedV

Juniors
You know i'm very keen on this idea champ! I think an order of 100 + would be achievable.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Nothing beats option 3, how can you top the red v. :lol: However i make my own flags. It might be a bit hard to hold both.

OurRedV

Juniors
I voted option 4, I think it'd stand out the most and plus the club sells flags which look identical to option 3.

Steelers, V, England or Croatia? =p

SaintTPP

First Grade
I voted option 4, I think it'd stand out the most and plus the club sells flags which look identical to option 3.

Steelers, V, England or Croatia? =p
LOL Didn't think of it like that! I chose Option 4 also for the same reason!

STG-MACCA

Bench
The club's flags are good, there has been some real beauties over the years, but I just can't see how they justify $25 (are they more these days?) for a flag that is so tiny.

If they are buying hundreds or even thousands, surely they are costing less then $8 - $10 each.

Design for this is not really critical, as the mass in numbers is what it's all about, could even do 50 of each if there was enough interest.

If you don't have your own flag, or hold a sign then you should be in the line already in my opinion.

I suppose you have to picture a stack of em being held up at once. Some designs don't look much, but when you see 20 -30 all the same they look great.
I've got # 3 from the club, but I've kept it in my gym since I bought the bloody thing at the 2005 debacle. It aint going near these Dragons lol.

Its late and I'm tired (hehe thats my excuse) how does your size compare.
Looks about twice the size of the clubs.

Option # 2 looks good

SaintTPP

First Grade
I suppose you have to picture a stack of em being held up at once. Some designs don't look much, but when you see 20 -30 all the same they look great.
I've got # 3 from the club, but I've kept it in my gym since I bought the bloody thing at the 2005 debacle. It aint going near these Dragons lol.

Its late and I'm tired (hehe thats my excuse) how does your size compare.
Looks about twice the size of the clubs.

Option # 2 looks good

Its roughly twice the size, prob more.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Great idea! Flags are more effective IMO.

I already own a big flag ('65 emblem) but I would choose the Red V out of those options. Would be happy to buy one too if it meant helping the cause.

Good stuff!

boxa777

Coach
Macca, you're on fire. Great idea.

I'm down.. was talking to a mate and we were looking at organising something similar for a few of us but this idea in a mass scale is a whole lot better..

I like either option 3 or 4 and we'd probably get a few. A large number waving in unison would look sensational during the finals and beyond.

Have you got enough time to get this organised before the finals?

Last edited:

STG-MACCA

Bench
It can be put together in 10 days once I give the go ahead. They are doing everything including the flag pole seam so all I would need to do is grab a bunch of dowel, cut them to size and they are ready to go.

Personally, I was thinking option 2, and have a bunch of slogans across the middle like the example (that I will have in Canberra) but I'm not concerned with the design that gets the nod, I just want to get this off the ground and then the missus will give me the access codes to the bank accounts ;-)

Any option will look awesome, and if we get 30 or so interested here, I will go for it as I'm confident the rest would move.

Hopefully, everyone who has indicated they would be in, wouldn't change their mind based on the design either as it's still going to be great.

100% definitely in. I voted for #3, but wouldn't say no to option 4 either.

I think option 2 is better suited at an England Rugby Union game...

boxa777

Coach
Just my opinion but I'd rather stay away from options that represent a particular country like Croatia or England. Would be better for something unique to the Saints only.

But I'd be down regardless.

SaintTPP

First Grade
100% definitely in. I voted for #3, but wouldn't say no to option 4 either.

I think option 2 is better suited at an England Rugby Union game...
I wasn't sold on option 2! Thats why I made Macca put up a Poll coz I beleive I am more in touch with the majority of ppl ;-)

Macca is an ideas man....trust me, wait and see what we bought for Rd 26 when we get the Minor Premiership :crazy: (could only get 20 but told them to order more). I gotta make sure only the good ones surface.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Dragon Army scarves wouldn't go astray next season!

Been on the agenda for a few years now...... I'm in but it's costly and as we know from a previous attempt is difficult to get right when dealing with overseas vendors. When I visit Asia next, I will be doing some investigating at ground level so we have the contacts. I already have the details as a friend of mine is very heavilly into apparell for race teams but there is some dodgy operators about.