What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno Friday

Card Shark

Immortal
Maybe Flanno could be relegated to (non) attack coach.

I'd like to see our revolutionary 5 hit ups & kick plan perfected.

Griffoshark66

First Grade
This is becoming farcical. I would love for us to sign Brown. He would bring a similar personality I imagine which is something the players seem to like.

cb4

First Grade
Shep will still be involved in the club, both first grade and the lwoer grades.

The guy was giving a fast track into NRL coaching, but lets be honest, there is no way in hell we could bank our future on him.
I hope we keep Shep involved in the NRL squad as he started to unearth a little bit of hidden attack in our team.

I would like to see a coaching squad, I am probably in the minority of wanting Steve Price here, but he is very well respected in the game, and was very well respected by Bennett.
Bennett talked the Saints out of going for another NRL coach and told them to give Price a chance.
To be honest, I don't think Price did a bad job given the situation he was dropped in and the environment that is the Dragons, and I know quite a few of the Dragons players still keep in contact with him.
he is a good guy, with a very good knowledge of football in his brain.

Getting him, keeping Shep(involved in NRL, TC), and securing Browny along with the return of Flanno would be a good way to ensure that we don't go stagnent with ideas and would keep Flanno on his toes.

Quigs

Immortal
Coaches coming home from stints in the Old Dart.

Knowing the Cronullafication with our mob.

If we got Brown, we'd end up more with a Potter, than a Madge, Robinson type of result.

cb4

First Grade
Probably, but Maguire/Robinson were dropped into teams that already had star studded line ups.

Before Trent Robinson had coached a training session, he was gifted SBW, Jennings, Maloney and Luke O'Donnell.
I give him props to making his players better but when they are in the same room, learning from a guy like Sonny, then all players are going to get better in most aspects as he is a true professional.

Before Maguire had coached a game, he had the Burgess brothes signed for him, Greg Inglis and co.
I will give Maguire credit for blooding and sticking with Reynolds and Walker, but those guys have had easy transitions into their NRL careers.

Potter was signed for nothing by a Tigers cub with no money, no culture, no one wanting to go there to play. Nothing.
Potter did well in my eyes as he picked a lot of young kids and stuck by them. He made some questionable calls re: signings, but he didn't have much choice, the Tigers are right behind us in the way players dodge teams to sign.

Card Shark

Immortal
Shep will still be involved in the club, both first grade and the lwoer grades.

The guy was giving a fast track into NRL coaching, but lets be honest, there is no way in hell we could bank our future on him.
I hope we keep Shep involved in the NRL squad as he started to unearth a little bit of hidden attack in our team.

I would like to see a coaching squad, I am probably in the minority of wanting Steve Price here, but he is very well respected in the game, and was very well respected by Bennett.
Bennett talked the Saints out of going for another NRL coach and told them to give Price a chance.
To be honest, I don't think Price did a bad job given the situation he was dropped in and the environment that is the Dragons, and I know quite a few of the Dragons players still keep in contact with him.
he is a good guy, with a very good knowledge of football in his brain.

Getting him, keeping Shep(involved in NRL, TC), and securing Browny along with the return of Flanno would be a good way to ensure that we don't go stagnent with ideas and would keep Flanno on his toes.

I wouldn't mind these guys either buy it would probably cost a bomb.

cb4

First Grade
4 coaches ?
We should get sponsored by veolia.

How many coaches do you think Maguire has? Honestly.

Coaching and coaching staff is becoming more like a squad now.

Where heading towards November and still no coach......

We have a coach. He is back in December unless he can convince the NRL other wise. He failed to do so the first time, so they have added on more learning for him.

I have been told that there are still a few he has to complete, and a few he has completed.

Generalzod

Immortal
How many coaches do you think Maguire has? Honestly.

Coaching and coaching staff is becoming more like a squad now.

We have a coach. He is back in December unless he can convince the NRL other wise. He failed to do so the first time, so they have added on more learning for him.

I have been told that there are still a few he has to complete, and a few he has completed.

The fact that they added more performance reviews to complete suggest to me that the NRL don't want him to come back.

cb4

First Grade
The fact that they added more performance reviews to complete suggest to me that the NRL don't want him to come back.

No, it suggests they want Flanno to do the right thing before coming back.
They gave him a date of return, December, exactly a year after he was suspended. It was on him to get back early.
He didn't meet that criteria. Why? Only the NRL, Flanno and the Sharks know that.

But they have made him complete more tasks. This may have been written in the first agreement. Do what you need to do in the 9 months or have more lumped on you? Who knows? Only the above.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably, but Maguire/Robinson were dropped into teams that already had star studded line ups.

Before Trent Robinson had coached a training session, he was gifted SBW, Jennings, Maloney and Luke O'Donnell.
I give him props to making his players better but when they are in the same room, learning from a guy like Sonny, then all players are going to get better in most aspects as he is a true professional.

Before Maguire had coached a game, he had the Burgess brothes signed for him, Greg Inglis and co.
I will give Maguire credit for blooding and sticking with Reynolds and Walker, but those guys have had easy transitions into their NRL careers.

Potter was signed for nothing by a Tigers cub with no money, no culture, no one wanting to go there to play. Nothing.
Potter did well in my eyes as he picked a lot of young kids and stuck by them. He made some questionable calls re: signings, but he didn't have much choice, the Tigers are right behind us in the way players dodge teams to sign.

Actually, Potter had little to no authority of signings and retentions as such powers were not handed to him for the entirety of his stay. So he had to make do with the squad he was given. He also had no say over who his assistant were (and it turns out some allegedly started white anting him because they wanted his job). He was on a hiding to nothing, and a situation like that would be impossible for any coach to be successful in.

Potter is a very good coach and with a decent squad and some authority to build his own side, would prove to be quite successful