What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's back

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Flanno looking after Saints playing list and interested in Dogs coaching role. Wow. How much of a conflict of interest is that. He will know exactly which players to poach and how much. Another dumb move for Saints having a guy interested in leaving at the drop of a hat looking after your roster. The only thing that makes sense to me is Flanno looking after the roster so it is ready for him to take the reins when Hook fails which he has been assured of. With Dogs sniffing it may force the Dragons hand to make it happen quicker than they thought and get Flanno as Head coach asap. Losing to the Dogs today may be the reason they need to flick Hook.

randomdragon

Juniors
Flanno looking after Saints playing list and interested in Dogs coaching role. Wow. How much of a conflict of interest is that. He will know exactly which players to poach and how much. Another dumb move for Saints having a guy interested in leaving at the drop of a hat looking after your roster. The only thing that makes sense to me is Flanno looking after the roster so it is ready for him to take the reins when Hook fails which he has been assured of. With Dogs sniffing it may force the Dragons hand to make it happen quicker than they thought and get Flanno as Head coach asap. Losing to the Dogs today may be the reason they need to flick Hook.
dickhead death riding the team... f**k off

Yow

Juniors

dungay dragon

Juniors
At least Flanno will play Richard Matamasinghi next year
Guys ..Just watching the flanagan kummuls v fiji..great match up
As talent scout/recruitment for the Dragons lets hope Flanno is doing his job
gee plenty of talent on show in the kummuls side
Really like the form of the 11 daniel russell ..runs strong, hits hard .good leg speed Currently playing brisbane tigers ..
hoping hes got the cheque book with him

Dragon David

First Grade
Really like the form of the 11 daniel russell ..runs strong, hits hard .good leg speed Currently playing brisbane tigers ..
Yes, I like Daniel Russell as well. He certainly isn't taking a backward step in defending against Kikau and if Flanagan is looking at recruitment, he should have all the good info on him.

The #16 for PNG is solid as well.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Yes, I like Daniel Russell as well. He certainly isn't taking a backward step in defending against Kikau and if Flanagan is looking at recruitment, he should have all the good info on him.

The #16 for PNG is solid as well.
You can add LIAM HORN to that list
primarily hooker
speedy,quick service , can also be utility , 6,7 back row
currently playing NorthsDevils
cmon Flanno get cracking

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Agree. A couple of the PNG props would be worth a look also. Boy they sure know how to run hard and I was surprised at their fitness levels.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree. A couple of the PNG props would be worth a look also. Boy they sure know how to run hard and I was surprised at their fitness levels.
A lot of us have said that there aren't too many "worthy" players on the market for us to chase. To me there are several that have played in the tests tonight and whether or not there are any that are available to be signed then I think that we should go for some particularly guys who played for PNG. They played hard and defended well. Lachlan Lam had a blinder and is off contract at the Roosters this year.

qld redvee

Juniors
this is where we hope flanno can multi task and get a couple of the PNG players
thought both 2nd rowers had good games and also the replacement hooker horne looked good
they would go a long way replacing the "talent " we are losing and would not bust the cap and probably in some ways bend it back into shape .. come on flanno earn your salary and get them signed

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
A lot of us have said that there aren't too many "worthy" players on the market for us to chase. To me there are several that have played in the tests tonight and whether or not there are any that are available to be signed then I think that we should go for some particularly guys who played for PNG. They played hard and defended well. Lachlan Lam had a blinder and is off contract at the Roosters this year.
Why do we need Lachlan Lam?

Mojo

Bench
If I were an NRL talent scout I'd spend half the year in PNG. They absolutely love the game up there. They play with real passion. Indestructible, fit and incredibly resilient. There's about 5,000 great players available. They're even better when they play barefoot on a gravel field in front of a grandstand made out of bamboo overcrowded with betel nut chewing, chop chop smoking fanatical fans.

raydragon

Juniors
I syI find it frustrating but understandable that Flanagan is looking for a coaching gig so therefore not 100% committed to the dragons. Perhaps we should cut him loose and look at bringing Trent Barrett on board in the same role / attacking coach role.
Forget Flanagon and barret. I would like to see Browny back to look after the kids and recruitment. he done a good job with us in the past as a coach, It was only a red hot bronco's teams that stopped us.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Forget Flanagon and barret. I would like to see Browny back to look after the kids and recruitment. he done a good job with us in the past as a coach, It was only a red hot bronco's teams that stopped us.
no it wasnt, it was us that let us down, we froze and looked nothing like the team we where capable of especially the second GF.
couple of things stuck in my mind, why was wally fullerton smith benched , Also we had this fast Kiwi winger, cant remember his name, why was he benched as well.
and Scott Gourley was called back by the ref when the broncos knocked the ball on, he had every right to keep going, Those memories still Haunt me

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I could be wrong, but I thought it had nothing to do with the Broncos…that was Brian Smith coaching then. He, (Brown) coached us over a decade later and we got done by Wests Tigers and the Storm, despite having pretty good cattle.

Last edited: