What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Illusion

Bench
If Amone does not get jail time is this a good or bad thing for the Dragons ?
If he does I'd put young Flanno to 7 Sook to 6 as he is more of a ball runner than a guy that can close out a game ....... Come to think of it I for one can't remember him closing out a close game since he has been with us with repeated sets near the oppersitons line ....... ?

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
The JURY is still out on that one
and like me, I'm not too sure. If Amone was a player of the stature of say Nathan Cleary or Jarome Luai, Ezra Mam, Cam Munster, etc then it would be good, but notwithstanding this, if he doesn't get sentenced to serve time in the cells, he would still be banned from playing in the NRL and his contract most probably be deregistered depending on the magistrates sentencing decisions, other than jail time. It would be bad then for the Dragons because we won't have him play for us as his contract will be up at the end of 2024 and I can't see him being able to get back onto the field by the end of the competition in September because his suspensions could be as long as a year at least if his contract isn't de-registered beforehand.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
If Amone does not get jail time is this a good or bad thing for the Dragons ?
I don't think it matters. Amone's form last year wasn't compelling. Old Flanno has been talking about young Flanno going to 5/8, and buying Manu or Dearden, so I don't think he wants Amone. He has a contract for 2024 but nothing after that. I doubt he's on big money and it will be up to the club as to whether he's worth perservering with or not. I'm guessing not.

Dragon David

First Grade
Ok then, swap Hunt for AFB then we have the outcome that best suits our club. In this way we have plenty left to buy Dearden and a fullback, meaning Lomax can stay at center.
Yeah, hi possm.
There is absolutely no way that Hunt would go over the ditch as a swap for AFB. Hunt is wanting to go back to Queensland to be closer to his and his wife's family. NZ would be defeating his purpose of wanting out of the Dragons as NZ is far more distant than the Shire area, where I think he lives, to Queensland.

justadragon

Bench
I'm looking at the above comments and I tend to agree with all. 'it's a hard call, but one thing for sure, they should make a training video of the whole state of affairs within the Amone clan and call it "how to blow an NRL career" maybe it might sink into the heads of youngsters that think they are above the game and the law.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Amone gets no jail time, the NRL will ban him for a long time so it will be of less benefit to the Dragons. Then again Saints can just release him and the Dogs or anyone else can pick him up and he will serve no ban from the NRL just like Vaughn did. He had an 8 week ban, Saints release him. Dogs pick him up from 2022 onwards and he missed no game for them. Those games he missed, he was not contracted by any NRL club so had no games to play so he can miss. An absolute joke and NRL bending rules to suit their favourite clubs.

Amone has done Saints no favours. If NRL do ban him, which they should, it should be to de-register the guy and not let him play in the NRL for no team for at least 4 years like they did to Bronson Xerri.

Dragon David

First Grade
If Amone gets no jail time, the NRL will ban him for a long time so it will be of less benefit to the Dragons. Then again Saints can just release him and the Dogs or anyone else can pick him up and he will serve no ban from the NRL just like Vaughn did. He had an 8 week ban, Saints release him. Dogs pick him up from 2022 onwards and he missed no game for them. Those games he missed, he was not contracted by any NRL club so had no games to play so he can miss. An absolute joke and NRL bending rules to suit their favourite clubs.

Amone has done Saints no favours. If NRL do ban him, which they should, it should be to de-register the guy and not let him play in the NRL for no team for at least 4 years like they did to Bronson Xerri.
I think that Amone will serve time in His Majesties' lock up but if he doesn't and gets heavily fined, long good behaviour bond etc., then the NRL and Club will have no alternative but to ban him and de-register his contract.

While he is a contracted player for the Dragons I find it inexcusable for him and his Dad to have threatened and menaced the tradie who subsequently sustained bad injuries from a fall due to being chased by a hammer wielding footy player. His actions were such that he was found guilty of the charges so for me it is so long Junior. I hope that you can rehabilitate well.

Dragon David

First Grade
Webster has identified Capewell as a player who will help the Warriors immensely. He has won premierships at Penrith and just missed out with the Broncos. Webster knows Capewell I must admit so that would have helped. The thing is though, we identify players but so do others and those players then go elsewhere rather than join us. Capewell knew that the Broncos needed money to re-sign some star players and they have good players to replace him and rather than his manager putting him on the open market, he gets word from Webster that he would be a good fit at the Warriors, they talk business and the deal is done. Just like that.

We need to be able to get deals done like this.