What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

hewi

Bench
The trouble is il die waiting

DRAGONS

Players off contract for 2024: 28
The Dragons are pushing hard as coach Shane Flanagan looks to strengthen his squad. If he can sign some players for 2024, he will do it in a heartbeat. St George Illawarra have the capacity to do it as well.
On contract for 2025: 15
The Dragons have buckets of cash to spend in 2025 and they could have even more if Ben Hunt leaves, as is widely tipped. If that happens, you can throw in another $800,000 or so. St George Illawarra will be one of the big hitters in the market. No-one is off limits with the amount of cap space they have at their disposal.
On contract for 2026: 6
Zav Lomax is the only big name the Dragons have on contract in 2026. They could have upwards of $9 million to spend in 2026 which would make them a serious threat to every other club in the game. They could have a shot at every marquee player in the game without fear of busting their cap.
Big cap eaters: Ben Hunt (2025), Jack de Belin (2024), Zac Lomax (2026), Jack Bird (2025), Francis Molo (2024), Jaydn Su’A (2024)

justadragon

Bench
The trouble is il die waiting

DRAGONS

Players off contract for 2024: 28
The Dragons are pushing hard as coach Shane Flanagan looks to strengthen his squad. If he can sign some players for 2024, he will do it in a heartbeat. St George Illawarra have the capacity to do it as well.
On contract for 2025: 15
The Dragons have buckets of cash to spend in 2025 and they could have even more if Ben Hunt leaves, as is widely tipped. If that happens, you can throw in another $800,000 or so. St George Illawarra will be one of the big hitters in the market. No-one is off limits with the amount of cap space they have at their disposal.
On contract for 2026: 6
Zav Lomax is the only big name the Dragons have on contract in 2026. They could have upwards of $9 million to spend in 2026 which would make them a serious threat to every other club in the game. They could have a shot at every marquee player in the game without fear of busting their cap.
Big cap eaters: Ben Hunt (2025), Jack de Belin (2024), Zac Lomax (2026), Jack Bird (2025), Francis Molo (2024), Jaydn Su’A (2024)
Wow, that means I should really stop watching footy until 2026 and then watchout, Dragons as premiers !!! :)

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, I know the cap has some ‘ twists and turns’ within the broad amount of $$$ paid to each club And TPAs and whatnot. However, I am off the pace in some respects; particularly if a club doesn’t spend its complete cap allocated to it. Obviously, a club can’t stockpile huge $$$ and then spend big to win a comp in a small window of opportunity, but what are the rules around this matter.

If a poster on the forum knows, please post a brief summary if you don’t mind.

justadragon

Bench
Hi All, I know the cap has some ‘ twists and turns’ within the broad amount of $$$ paid to each club And TPAs and whatnot. However, I am off the pace in some respects; particularly if a club doesn’t spend its complete cap allocated to it. Obviously, a club can’t stockpile huge $$$ and then spend big to win a comp in a small window of opportunity, but what are the rules around this matter.

Good question well asked, I'm pretty sure a club cant stockpile unspent cap and then have a huge hit at some stage but I also dont know what happens to the money that isn't spent.

since77

Juniors
You know what's getting moronic? Your continuous complaint on the quality of posts, you've appointed yourself as some sort of "quality officer". It's fine to disagree about something but you've continued to belittle other posters opinions by claiming "bad" post quality. If you don't like the posters, put them on ignore or simply leave this board.

No one should continue to be belittled by your continuous quality complaints. It adds zilch to the discussion. Sorry to burst your little bubble.
I really don't care and you're yet to burst my bubble dude.
I've been on this forum for a very long time. Back to before it migrated here from MSN. It always had a range of opinions - smart and dumb. Useful and irrelevant. Thats' fine.
But lately some of the people here are making the inbred clowns on the Dragons Facebook groups look like absolute geniuses. So many posts by people who obviously know nothing about how the business of football works or how the game works. So many posts whinging about lack of signings, blaming a coach who's been employed for literally 5 week. And the one I criticised yesterday that was complaining that we didn't sign Capewell was just completely ridiculous and deserved to be called out for the nonsense that it was.
So if people like you are happy with the current juvenile level of discussion that's fine. And by all means click ignore for me, just like I'm finding I'm having to use the ignore button more and more lately. The problem with that is it is leaving me very little to read here lately.

Dragon David

First Grade
I've been on this forum for a very long time. Back to before it migrated here from MSN. It always had a range of opinions - smart and dumb. Useful and irrelevant. Thats' fine.
But lately some of the people here are making the inbred clowns on the Dragons Facebook groups look like absolute geniuses. So many posts by people who obviously know nothing about how the business of football works or how the game works. So many posts whinging about lack of signings, blaming a coach who's been employed for literally 5 week. And the one I criticised yesterday that was complaining that we didn't sign Capewell was just completely ridiculous and deserved to be called out for the nonsense that it was.
So if people like you are happy with the current juvenile level of discussion that's fine. And by all means click ignore for me, just like I'm finding I'm having to use the ignore button more and more lately. The problem with that is it is leaving me very little to read here lately.
Hey since77.

I did not complain about us not signing Capewell for effin sake.

Anyway, you do whatever you want. I'm just going to write stuff that is on my mind as it makes me feel good, like all the posters on this Forum, good, bad or indifferent.

Your criticism of what I said and others you can live with and please yourself.

Life isn't worth a shit to worry about who said this and who said that when everyone wants to have his opinion and say stuff to get off the chest. Just like anything, if you don't like anything you don't buy it.

Have a good day.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Thanks for bloody nothing since77. Bloody hell. Is this a sign that my time has come to piss off out of this forum forever?????
Don't leave this forum because of one apparent critic of posts.

Your post made perfect sense and I totally agreed with what you are saying. Capewell is a great signing and the types of players we should snap up or look to.

jeffdragon

Bench
Just on this rugby guy rumoured to be talking to us
No good signjng him in June we are usually planning for the off season as ours is over by them.
Dragon David on fb
You make a comment and because others don't share the view they get insulting.
That's why I don't bother some times.

justadragon

Bench
I dont think Dave's intent in his post was that we should get Capewell. It was that other clubs seem to be able to conduct business at a very quick rate compared to the Dragons, anyway you have your views.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Hay mate let's all settle down , remember we all follow the same team here , yep we all get frustrated and want to see improvement and sometimes we all interpret things differently that some of us post and sometimes we post yea stupid things without thinking ....... So let's all hope , because it's been a tunnel with no light at the end for the past 12 years or so , that Flanno starts getting us out of the dark ....... I say it every year it can not get any worse than it is now ....... And for the first time in a long long time I'm believing it will get better ........

Last edited:

randomdragon

Juniors

There is a minimum amount you have to spend for a certain year, can only be carried over for one year too. Not too sure about exact %s

Wolfgang90

Juniors

Another moronic post. If you want to bully others, I suggest you stop. You can disagree with others without belittling them to the point they want to leave the discussion board. I've hit a nerve with you since I called you out for your bullying ways. I hope it's made you reflect on your behaviour, otherwise you'll have very few people who want to discuss the dragons with you.

Some posters need to leave behind the haughty attitude. They will ultimately drive people away and ruin it for everyone, including themselves.

The word fan comes from the word “fanatic” for a reason. It’s all about emotion. That's why few fans can objectively evaluate their teams, players, strategies, recruitment etc. We’re all after the adrenaline rush that our team provides when successful. Logical analysis based on how football clubs work? (Hahaha) Dopamine’s a natural drug and we the fans just want it.

There is no single answer to why we fans follow the Dragons because the answer doesn't lie in the game, it lies inside the individual. It's complicated in the same ways all relationships are complicated.

So yeah, sometimes we just ‘throw shit out there’ and have opposing views. Even serious analytical discussions involve putting forward a set of evidence which supports one interpretation followed by another set of evidence which supports a different interpretation.

I’ve mentioned elsewhere, it’s about respect.
Behind every post is a real person. There are general Forum rules that we should all abide. (There should be a more active moderator.)

P.S. I’m a lifelong Dragons supporter. I’ve never played RL, I’ve never been involved in coaching RL, working in a RL football club nor been a member of any board. IF you believe that means my posts are of no value, you know the drill, click on ignore 😊

possm

Coach
Hey since77.

I did not complain about us not signing Capewell for effin sake.

Anyway, you do whatever you want. I'm just going to write stuff that is on my mind as it makes me feel good, like all the posters on this Forum, good, bad or indifferent.

Your criticism of what I said and others you can live with and please yourself.

Life isn't worth a shit to worry about who said this and who said that when everyone wants to have his opinion and say stuff to get off the chest. Just like anything, if you don't like anything you don't buy it.

Have a good day.
In 1977, Hary Bath is one of the better coaches we had . He managed a premiership win only two years after we were slaughtered 38-0 in the 1975 grand final. 'Bath's Babes did the job and repeated the dose two years later in 1979.

Oh, how I long for the return of a dominant Dragons side!

Latest posts