What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

I think he’s an upgrade on Amone. Can kick in general play, can slot in at dummy half.
Hunt already does all the general stuff. We need someone to steer the team round the park. Hunt cant and from what I have seen of the other, no better. Flanagan aint gonna suddenly make his son a super star, not without the raw materials. On the other hand Amone has far more natural ability, only needs someone like Flanagan or Young to give him a rocket, same as Sloan. Hope the kid gets a lenient sentence and we keep him. If not we should continue targeting Tom Dearden.

Last edited:
This isn't a new signings post but I've put it on here anyway.

I like S'ua as an edgie and he deserves an upgrade, but he needs to stiffen his defense. Who plays on the other edge this season. One of the Couchman boys?

rasaint

Juniors
Good post Jersey 14, yes Scott has had reported serious issues and that is acknowledged. However, he is now attending AA meetings, probably settled domestic situation and wants a strict contract to prove he is ’fair dinkum’. That adage of older and wiser may be evident. Even the power prop we are now chasing AFB had some issues when young but now captain of Warriors. Other examples of older and wiser come to mind.

At 26 Scott is in a physical sweet spot. Huge body, relatively fast and simply powerful. Where is the down side of a low $$$ strict contract?We need a power centre ( Suli may leave post 2024?). Scott is a fabulous centre; teamed with young Tamale a great combo. Zac Lomax can be shifted. Finau the other youngster is quick and strong. Get AFB the team is shaping up.

Victoire

Juniors
It's a sign of our abject desperation that some people in here seriously want to sign Curtis Scott. Aside from being a shitstain of a human, he's not even that good at playing rugby league. Sure he looked decent 5 years ago in a Storm side containing Slater, Cronk, Munster and Cameron Smith, but was worse than bog average at the Raiders, and I doubt his time out of the top grade the last 2 years has improved his form. Things aren't that grim are they?

blacksafake

First Grade
It's a sign of our abject desperation that some people in here seriously want to sign Curtis Scott. Aside from being a shitstain of a human, he's not even that good at playing rugby league. Sure he looked decent 5 years ago in a Storm side containing Slater, Cronk, Munster and Cameron Smith, but was worse than bog average at the Raiders, and I doubt his time out of the top grade the last 2 years has improved his form. Things aren't that grim are they?
This.
His defence at the raiders makes our defence out wide seem like a wall.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All,
I understand a number of fellow posters aghast at the suggestion of Curtis Scott at the dragons on a low $$$ strict contract ( subject to NRL approval). After he left the storm for raiders it seemed his life imploded. From a distance, it seems that drinking alcohol is at the heart or significant driver of his apparent terrible behaviour issues. Unfortunately, due to physiological and / or physical responses to alcohol ? like some persons in the community he markedly changes demeanour and behaviour. That is not and should never be an ‘excuse‘. Perhaps now, he has fully taken responsibility and being at AA is determined to shape his future positively. That is what his recent media report covered.

Some posters speculated he wasn’t that good and his raiders form was no good; particularly defence. My recollection was of a class centre with power and dash. Please YouTube ‘Melbourne Storm verus Eels Round 9’ and watch Scott score a solo 100 metre try with speed and power. Yes, one highlight only, but a great demonstration of brilliance.

2024 may not see many or any top class signings, which may mean a re jig of existing players mentored by Flanno.I believe Zac Lomax lacks speed for a top class centre or fullback. However, he moves well and imo his best position is lock/ back row. He tackles well head on, returns hard and can run a good angle, can slip a pass in traffic. Remember, Beau Scott was shifted by Wayne Bennett back to 2 row to make room for Gaznier Return 2010. That allows JDB to 2nd row with Sua. Also, Matt Feagai is a strong ball carrier and possible back rower. Both Zac and Matt F could add 5 to 7 kgs and maybe transition very well to forwards.

I watched Simone Finau and Saveillo Tamale. Both are fast and strong and now another year older. Under Flanno I reckon they will make the NRL grade +.

Hey, enjoy all the opinions on the forum.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
We brought in sniffer Sailor - He was a success
Truth be told troops are thin for the taking out there.
Melbourne experience and motivated to do well.
Yep. - Still I rise.
+
We need depth. We are only a injury from being thon as litmus paper
Sloan doesn’t appear until late in the first half of the season. (Not that he can play / should be a Olympic sprinter )
Scott would be a good get.
insert arguments here…..

TheRev

Coach
They were talking about Flanno on the podcast today, that he never really signed big name players at the sharks either, but it was more guys 'looking for a 2nd chance' that he managed to turn around and turn into real first graders.

Our issue is that we are at the point of looking for guys that are on their 3rd or 4th chance for redemption.

justadragon

Bench
Hi All,
I understand a number of fellow posters aghast at the suggestion of Curtis Scott at the dragons on a low $$$ strict contract ( subject to NRL approval). After he left the storm for raiders it seemed his life imploded. From a distance, it seems that drinking alcohol is at the heart or significant driver of his apparent terrible behaviour issues. Unfortunately, due to physiological and / or physical responses to alcohol ? like some persons in the community he markedly changes demeanour and behaviour. That is not and should never be an ‘excuse‘. Perhaps now, he has fully taken responsibility and being at AA is determined to shape his future positively. That is what his recent media report covered.

Some posters speculated he wasn’t that good and his raiders form was no good; particularly defence. My recollection was of a class centre with power and dash. Please YouTube ‘Melbourne Storm verus Eels Round 9’ and watch Scott score a solo 100 metre try with speed and power. Yes, one highlight only, but a great demonstration of brilliance.

2024 may not see many or any top class signings, which may mean a re jig of existing players mentored by Flanno.I believe Zac Lomax lacks speed for a top class centre or fullback. However, he moves well and imo his best position is lock/ back row. He tackles well head on, returns hard and can run a good angle, can slip a pass in traffic. Remember, Beau Scott was shifted by Wayne Bennett back to 2 row to make room for Gaznier Return 2010. That allows JDB to 2nd row with Sua. Also, Matt Feagai is a strong ball carrier and possible back rower. Both Zac and Matt F could add 5 to 7 kgs and maybe transition very well to forwards.

I watched Simone Finau and Saveillo Tamale. Both are fast and strong and now another year older. Under Flanno I reckon they will make the NRL grade +.

Hey, enjoy all the opinions on the forum.
I would prefer Rav go into the forwards rather than Feagai, but hey anything is possible with each day that goes past.

I don't mind Scott as a player, but there must really be some things in the detail of his off field indiscretions that he has not even been able to pick up a trail and train contract from a field of 17 teams.
Not too late for him to still get a trail and train contract, but I agree with other posters here.
Is it worth the risk to our club that has struggled with undisciplined off the field behaviour pretty much since Bennett left to sign another player like this??
With Flanagan in charge now, I think the answer will remain thanks, but no thanks.

Dragon David

First Grade
I don't mind Scott as a player, but there must really be some things in the detail of his off field indiscretions that he has not even been able to pick up a trail and train contract from a field of 17 teams.
Not too late for him to still get a trail and train contract, but I agree with other posters here.
Is it worth the risk to our club that has struggled with undisciplined off the field behaviour pretty much since Bennett left to sign another player like this??
With Flanagan in charge now, I think the answer will remain thanks, but no thanks.
Hey Desperate! Do you mean Trial and Train and not Trail and Train? I've never heard of Trail and Train!! It must be a typo, sorry if you meant trial and train.

Latest posts