What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao (May 2nd,MGM)

Tommy Smith

Referee
About 7 years too late. But better late than never I guess.

C'mon Manny! I don't think he'll win but it'd be a beautiful sight to see him knock Mayweather out.

ram raid

Bench
I don't think he'll win either. Pac has looked past prime for a few years now. At one point in time this would have been an even money fight --- about the same time he fought Cotto and Hatton. Now I don't think he's got it. Floyd is older but he's shown no signs of fading. Probably because he's given himself a longer shelf life by fighting defensively and infrequently all these years. Alas ..

God-King Dean

Immortal
Going to the Catholic Club to watch the fight.

Going for Manny, but I'll be cheering for Mayweather. Just to annoy the hundreds of Phillos that will be there.

Pugzley

Going to the Catholic Club to watch the fight.

Going for Manny, but I'll be cheering for Mayweather. Just to annoy the hundreds of Phillos that will be there.

Es48s.gif

Achillies

Juniors
and how many boxing cards have you seen in the last 2-3 years?

:lol:

besides 2 blokes, boxing is as dead as a taiwanese battery

There have already been 5 or 6 fights in the states this year where the tv numbers have peaked at over a million. The UFC would kill for those sort of numbers. Without Lesnar or GSP the UFC is a sinking ship.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
There have already been 5 or 6 fights in the states this year where the tv numbers have peaked at over a million. The UFC would kill for those sort of numbers. Without Lesnar or GSP the UFC is a sinking ship.

dude, 3 ufc PRELIMINARY events alone so far this year already peaked at 1.5-2mill :lol:

mcgregor vs siver peaked at 3.1m on and his name ain't lesnar or gsp, and his stocks are now 20 times bigger than they were before that fight.

that post fight show alone peaked higher than nearly all boxing cards this year :lol::lol:

gustaffson v rumble in jan peaked at 3.6m, again no gsp or lesnar

the recent machida rockhold fight peaked 2.4, again no gsp or lesnar

dos santos v miocic the ufc on fox event at the end of dec did 2.8, again no gsp or lesnar

tell me how did klitchko go recently? boxing would cry for him to do half of these numbers

clearly you're talking out of your arse.

Achillies

Juniors
dude, 3 ufc PRELIMINARY events alone so far this year already peaked at 1.5-2mill :lol:

mcgregor vs siver peaked at 3.1m on and his name ain't lesnar or gsp, and his stocks are now 20 times bigger than they were before that fight.

that post fight show alone peaked higher than nearly all boxing cards this year :lol::lol:

dos santos v miocic the ufc on fox event at the end of dec did 2.8, again no gsp or lesnar

tell me how did klitchko go recently? boxing would cry for him to do half of these numbers

Comparing numbers from free cards on fox to PPV buys is cute.

UFC 100 was the biggest ever mma event with 1.6 million buys. The next biggest was UFC 116 with just under 1.2 million buys. Lesnar was on both cards.

Mayweather v Alvarez did 2.2 million buys in 2013.
Mayweather v Mosley, Mayweather v Cotto, Mayweather v Ortiz and Pacquiao v Mosley all bettered 1.2 million buys.
The record boxing PPV is 2.4 million buys when Mayweather fought De La Hoya. That record will break this weekend.

PPV buys are what counts. Come back and talk to me when the UFC gets over a million.

Parra

Referee

They aren't going to go broke by aiming at the bottom of the barrel. Doesn't mean it is good though. It's just that enough gronks have access to television and have someone nearby who can use the remote for them.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Lol UFC fans are the biggest tryhards and sooks.

The slightest mention of boxing they have to barge in with how great MMA is. " an MMA fighter would totes bash a boxaa!'

For people who label themselves as tough, they sure are precious.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Comparing numbers from free cards on fox to PPV buys is cute.

UFC 100 was the biggest ever mma event with 1.6 million buys. The next biggest was UFC 116 with just under 1.2 million buys. Lesnar was on both cards.

Mayweather v Alvarez did 2.2 million buys in 2013.
Mayweather v Mosley, Mayweather v Cotto, Mayweather v Ortiz and Pacquiao v Mosley all bettered 1.2 million buys.
The record boxing PPV is 2.4 million buys when Mayweather fought De La Hoya. That record will break this weekend.

PPV buys are what counts. Come back and talk to me when the UFC gets over a million.

well you're the one who started with peak tv audiences you muppet :lol::lol: now changing posts coz you got smashed

boxing ppvs are once in a blue moon. the only thing keeping boxing afloat these days is the older generation of mexicans who's children are now converting to mma.

i don't hate boxing, i enjoy all forms of combat sport, but i see no sense in glorifying a contest of 1 discipline. it's like you saying you prefer prawns when i prefer a seafood buffet. and the remainder of the boxing fanbase is starting to realise this too.

andrew057

First Grade
i don't hate boxing, i enjoy all forms of combat sport, but i see no sense in glorifying a contest of 1 discipline. it's like you saying you prefer prawns when i prefer a seafood buffet. and the remainder of the boxing fanbase is starting to realise this too.

You must love the decathlon at the Olympics right?

Give me the 100m sprint any day.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mayweather is right. I used to think MMA was kinda fun but now I just can't separate it from the insecure middle-class white hipsters with no idea about boxing history who are obsessed with how their sport is "more complex" and how it has "overtaken boxing".

Saying MMA is better because it has more variety is exactly like saying Union is better than League. Problem with Union and MMA is that when you throw a sport open for more "variety" you tend to end up with the lowest common denominator prevailing- i.e. blokes rolling around on the ground and no-one having a clue what's going on.