What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao (May 2nd,MGM)

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The biggest problem wasn't the fight but the fact that most people DKSAB. f**king casuals and all that.

That might be the most accurately scored big fight I've ever seen (basically every genuine boxing fan I know had it somewhere between 116-112 and 118-110; I had 117-111) and yet somehow it's become a big controversy?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
The biggest problem wasn't the fight but the fact that most people DKSAB. f**king casuals and all that.

That might be the most accurately scored big fight I've ever seen (basically every genuine boxing fan I know had it somewhere between 116-112 and 118-110; I had 117-111) and yet somehow it's become a big controversy?

maybe it's DGASAB. or more specifically boxing's rules. what people want to see is a fight, and fighters rewarded for aggression and ring control. that's why millions by the truckloads have switched to MMA, which even though has it's own faults like GSP vs Hendricks (who i agree like you won on pointscoring), the fans are heard by the UFC who in turn go out of their way to make sure they don't deliver floyd mayweather type fights eg askren.

you're being extremely naive to think that the maypac fight was as big as it was because of boxing's core fanbase....it wasn't...it was an EVENT just like the melbourne cup. because for 364 other days no one GIVES A SHIT.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
There's no way to change boxing scoring to "reward" Pacquiao's performance on Sunday unless you make punching people irrelevant to boxing. Mayweather won easily because he was better at hitting the other guy, like he always is.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
There's no way to change boxing scoring to "reward" Pacquiao's performance on Sunday unless you make punching people irrelevant to boxing. Mayweather won easily because he was better at hitting the other guy, like he always is.

you can slap me with a ruler 100 times, but if i hit you with enough times with a hammer i should win. that's called life, f**k boxing rules, you're living in the past, the digital age and access to reality will dictate boxing's irrelevance

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Manny Plodquiao was a disgrace,didn't pressure him enough at all,looked like he didn't even wanna be there,Mayweather will offer him the rematch now knowing what a plodder he is and that he is no threat to his undefeated record,Completely outclassed Plodquiao.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
you can slap me with a ruler 100 times, but if i hit you with enough times with a hammer i should win. that's called life, f**k boxing rules, you're living in the past, the digital age and access to reality will dictate boxing's irrelevance

Pacquiao didn't bring any hammers to the fight

Whether you look at it as a "boxing match" or a "fist fight" Mayweather won easily

Game_Breaker

Coach
I honestly don't understand why people genuinely believe Manny should've won. Mayweather won the fight based purely on his defense, there were so many times Manny would throw a flurry of punches and Floyd would just block or avoid every one of them and just counter with a couple of jabs and as a result would outscore him in that exchange. Aggression means nothing if you're missing.

Mayweather's defense is well known, and arguably the best defensive boxer ever and because of that his fights are boring. The fact he thinks he's better than Sugar Ray Robinson and Ali is laughable. To me, TBE or the GOAT is based on defensive and offensive abilities (which is why I think Ali isn't the GOAT), and while Mayweather does know how to pick his punches he falls short in atacking abilities when compared to other greats.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Floyd Mayweather Jr. texts he'll fight Manny Pacquiao again next year
By Chuck Schilken

Floyd Mayweather Jr. told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith via text Tuesday that that he would be willing to fight Manny Pacquiao again rather than retire in September, as he has stated numerous times he plans to do.
"I will fight him in a year after his surgery," Mayweather said of Pacquiao in the text.

Mayweather improved to 48-0 with a unanimous decision over Pacquiao in a much-hyped fight Saturday night.
Pacquiao reported pain in his right shoulder after an April 4 sparring session, then was examined two days later, where a tear was found below the rotator cuff. His manager told The Times on Monday that Pacquiao would undergo surgery on the injury this week in Los Angeles.
The typical recovery time for such surgery is nine to 12 months. Plus, the Nevada Athletic Commission announced Monday that the state attorney's general's office will be looking into whether Pacquiao properly disclosed the injury before the fight.
In other words, Pacquiao might be facing a fine or even a suspension.
Still, if the text is any indication, Mayweather seems willing to
wait.http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...er-manny-pacquiao-rematch-20150505-story.html

doyen

Bench
Would MW be prepared to fight Pacq in Manila,with a Filipino ref,3 Filipino judges & a Filipino crowd??

NO!!!He would shit his very safe & unstained boxer shorts at that suggestion.

How would it be watching MW fight The MAN Mundine-----the TOUR de RING---two "boxers??" back pedalling around the ring for 12 rds!!??
Now that would be Mogadon value--at least one may get a great night's sleep after;or even fall asleep whilst trying to watch it.

Last edited:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
10647087_1492866007454689_6466263171010201346_n.jpg