What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Dept changes

denis preston

First Grade
I'd say Elliot and Gentle signed on a two year deal with a further one year option in favour of the Club. If the Dragons defence does not significantly improve in 2022, both of them will be gonnski.
Poss, i would say if it doesn't improve gonski mid season. Mind you , in his defence , having the depth and ability to drop non performing players will work wonders, particularly those players with only 2 years or less to run on their contract .

Maddragon99

Juniors
I'd say Elliot and Gentle signed on a two year deal with a further one year option in favour of the Club. If the Dragons defence does not significantly improve in 2022, both of them will be gonnski.
Agreed. We conceded 25 points a game in ‘21 even worse that McGuber’s & Young’s ‘20 season. To be competitive in ‘22 that figure needs to be <20 or we’ll just be mid lower table again.

itsme

Juniors
I liked Head as a player & he appeared to be a smart player BUT some Smart posters closer to the scene than most, who’s views I enjoy on here such as George Dragon don’t rate him at all, which is a concern moving forward.
Its concerning because a guy who watches junior rep games doesn't rate an assistant coach?

SBD82

Coach
Soward coaching the women’s team is the most exciting for me. For the past couple of years their skill level has been good, and their defence has mostly been good.

But their service to their strike three quarters, general game management and territorial kicking has let them down badly. These were all strengths of Sowie’s game. Hopefully he brings them to the team.

Soward coaching the women’s team is the most exciting for me. For the past couple of years their skill level has been good, and their defence has mostly been good.

But their service to their strike three quarters, general game management and territorial kicking has let them down badly. These were all strengths of Sowie’s game. Hopefully he brings them to the team.
Hopefully yes but a coach’s strength as a player doesn’t necessarily convert to an ability to coach well.
McGregor was a great centre. Never ever had our centres firing.

Yet a bog ordinary Raiders utility ended up as one of the best coaches of all time.

SBD82

Coach
Hopefully yes but a coach’s strength as a player doesn’t necessarily convert to an ability to coach well.
McGregor was a great centre. Never ever had our centres firing.

Yet a bog ordinary Raiders utility ended up as one of the best coaches of all time.
Sadly you’re right. Hope Sowie bucks the trend.

Latest posts