What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who are Self Isolating

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm not blowing it out of proportion. I'm just suggesting that it is one of the worst things I have ever seen on this forum. Even worse than the time El D threatened to kill a bunch of kittens because they looked like John Grant.

Ok looking back I agree it was kind of shit and I apologise for being a merkin.
Sorry

hindy111

Post Whore
Thanks mate. He's been getting professional help for a few years....he had a father who beat his mum and him and his sister and then shot through....and he came out as an apparently normal guy.....good professional job....and a lovely bloke. But about 5 years ago something changed. I don't really know. He gets one well with his ex and they share the kids, but he really didn't need this latest stuff.

Honestly I think sometimes people just get fed up with the same old routine and the older you get the less time you have. Or perhaps look back at the life have lived and wish done things different.
I think some people aren't aware that many people have thought like this and feel isolated.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cheers mate, i haven't lost my job yet but it's starting to look like it. Hey maybe a change might be good for me in the long run. But change can be scary.

In 6mths everything will ramp back up again mate. I do not know your finacial situation but this won't be forever.

Honestly I think sometimes people just get fed up with the same old routine and the older you get the less time you have. Or perhaps look back at the life have lived and wish done things different.
I think some people aren't aware that many people have thought like this and feel isolated.

I'm sure that's true in many cases. In this particular case it's a bit different, but that's not really the big issue....just got to get him going forward again.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well good luck with
It’s a bit like Paul Carige the last 20mins of the 98 major Semi final atm.

I remember listening to that game. When it was 18-2 I turned radio off and went and sat with Dad to watch the replay.
As a kid he knew when Parra had won or not. When they'd lost I never went and watched the delayed game on channel 9.
f**k did we both get a shock on that one.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Not being an arsehole, but I'm struggling to understand what you're saying here.

Typical day 2 month ago:
Take the train to work, the mundane of the train ride starts the day, work 8hours on complex problems, Leave at a reasonable time, the mundane of train ride switches me off work

Typical day now: Wake up, get kind of ready, walk downstairs to work, work on complex problems, switch off at 5.30, walk to living room play with baby, routine of putting baby to bed, eat, check emails again just cause

It seems that the train ride was a start/stop to get my mind on/off work.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
As of today working from home exclusively. Twice as much to do, but I have a job that pays well...not complaining....one of my mates who had been going through some pretty tough times with a marriage break-up....lost his job Monday (they'd already cut him back as a consequence of time lost through mental illness). Seriously don't know if he'll be around this time next year.

so sorry to hear that mate, hope it works out OK

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've gotten some bad news at work and it looks like i may be looking job in the not to distant future.

I've worked the same job for a long long time and am shitting bricks at having to find something else.

@Gary Gutful the next round at the Chardies might have to be on you.

That sucks :(

My thoughts are with you, mate - I hope things work out foe you.