What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran Is Coming

JJ

Immortal
Not good. But still Foran shouldn't have done what's reported (if he did)

Journalists muck rake, no surprise there

Iafeta

Referee
No agreed, but there's been a lot of bad signs all around Foran for a long time

I hope he's past it all and in a better place. But I don't have to be a flag waving fan either

Neither do I. He's got a shady past. But all I'm saying is we don't really know the ins and outs here.

One thing I do concur with the above is she built a career on bullying football players. She was a hypocrit who ruthlessly bagged players for alcoholism whilst getting done for DUI herself. That's just one example. She is perhaps the worst journalist I've ever seen around rugby league.

Iafeta

Referee
Not good. But still Foran shouldn't have done what's reported (if he did)

Journalists muck rake, no surprise there

No. She was a whole different level mate. She couldn't care less if the story she wrote had any truth to it. She regularly wrote utter tripe. Often personal and often wrong.

legs 11

Juniors
OK back to foran the footy player.....dam he looks fat on tv at the mo...has he got chubby or can he play play 80 with those moobs?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I disagree... Journalists report news...
Oh come on, you know the media! You know very well that theres some journalists out there that like to dig. What you might not be aware of (and what I just found out now) is that she was an investigative journalist. Its basically her job to come up with 'juicy' stuff like scandals etc...about high profile people. It doesnt excuse her but thats how they make money. Unethical with a capital $ if you get my gist.
I think he was well within his rights to do what he did.
I think so too.

If you're gonna give sh!t (Wilson), you better be prepared to take sh!t.

Also read that Wilson didnt even tell some of her close family that she was ill with cancer so I highly doubt Foran knew.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wilson was very well known in Australian RL circles (indeed on this forum) as a muckraker and generally despised, she even had the nickname "Bourbon Becky" as she was supposedly a bit of a booze hag. But I didn't even realise she was ill, let alone dead until this story broke,

Iafeta

Referee
The tributes on her were that she never feared taking players on and confronting issues. Mostly her assertions were either blatantly wrong, or massive stretches of reality. I read somewhere that even Peter Sterling wanted nothing to do with her knowing how she would stoop. She got a spot on the Footy Show one year and then the week before her debut proceeded to write lewd stories about half the panelists and then couldn't work out why they barely talked to her on the one show she appeared on. She vehemently criticised NRL players as alcoholic role models, yet was done for DUI and DUI whilst unlicensed. This was her failing, she was a hypocrite of the highest order. As I now hear it, I believe she may have been about to, or did, write an article where she stated Forans kids were not his.

Here's a link typifying Wilson

https://www.crikey.com.au/2005/10/17/rebecca-wilson-dines-on-humble-pie/

I'm with ozbash here. As sad as it is when someone passes humans are quick to absolve them of any wrongs they committed in their life and put a halo over everything. She went from despised reporter to a courageous pariah of justice.

Anyways, Tim Simona has probably done us all a favour. It's a new news day and sadly for him the focus is well and truly on him.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
T
Anyways, Tim Simona has probably done us all a favour. It's a new news day and sadly for him the focus is well and truly on him.
Thats the thing about all this. The focus. We get Foran the devil registered for us and John Hartigan (late Rebecca Wilsons husband and aussie media boss) not only now chooses to bring up something that he could've done months ago but whilst doing so he also brings his deceased wife with back into the spotlight. He MIGHT have been waiting for the passing of his wife to dissolve within him as bringing it up earlier was too soon and that might be his best excuse for raising this now but whether he chooses now or as early as December last year to bring HER and Forans issues back up, doesnt really matter in that hes brought her back into the spotlight. Go google Rebecca Wilson and I BETCHYA you'll find a photo of her and Kieran Foran right next to her. Just let her rest in peace man.

Leber

Bench
If she gave shit (and she was famous for it), she should be prepared to take it.

Her death doesn't automatically command respect or sympathy..
This. That woman spread many lies and unsubstantiated claims its only natural that she was going to recieve a little bit of shit.

Her being ill is irrelevent. You don't become immune to this stuff just because your ill. Plus, Forans unlikely to have known anyway.

Bit of a publicity stunt from the hubby.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Back in his Manly days a hammy was generally 4-6 weeks out for him, will depend on severity of course but he is 1 you can't rush with this

Back in his Manly days a hammy was generally 4-6 weeks out for him, will depend on severity of course but he is 1 you can't rush with this
Needs a hammy transplant by sounds of it.

I think he can see his value slipping away. Not sure if any other team is going great to risk him for any decent money.