What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran to walk out on Parra

Will foran go to Roosters?

• Yes

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 41 68.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

THE CHAMP

First Grade
What sort of assclown CEO allows that as a clause? If the reports are true, if you were Foran you would tee up another suitor for 12 months time, play a year for the eels and then walk away citing that the joint sucks ass or some sort of excuse to validate walking and then grab the mil and go play somewhere else.

Surely it can't be as geniused as the media are making out?

When it comes to parra the joint sucks arse is not an,excuse. Its a reason

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wait wait wait

Can somebody please clarify this for me:

Is there a chance Kieran Foran could take $1million out of Parramattas salary cap next year whilst playing for someone else?

:lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
In theory according to media but I highly doubt they are right, no ceo is going to be that dumb and desperate surely?

Wizardman

First Grade
Wait wait wait

Can somebody please clarify this for me:

Is there a chance Kieran Foran could take $1million out of Parramattas salary cap next year whilst playing for someone else?

:lol:

Im not sure if it comes out of their cap but it sure as f**k comes out of their pocket.

BunniesMan

Immortal
On top of all the other f**kups, why are Parramatta trying to renegotiate now? If Foran and his agent have got that much power and flexibility written down on black and white why would they give it up?

The Eels f**ked up, now they're making it worse.

davi

Juniors
It's now looking likely that the Kieran Foran deal will collapse and Parramatta coach Brad Arthur will also be a casualty resulting from it with Daniel Anderson likely to take over as coach.

Parramatta Eels prepared to let Kieran Foran walk to loosen grip of Brad Arthur

Parramatta's bid to re-negotiate key terms of Kieran Foran's contract signals the beginning of the end for Eels coach Brad Arthur.

As revealed by Fairfax Media in May, Foran has a clause in his four year, $4.8m contract with Parramatta enabling him to walk away at any time if there was "political instability" at the club, including a change of management or coach.

The deal was negotiated by former chief executive Scott Seward, who formally resigned last week, and Arthur.

Advertisement

However, the Eels board are unhappy that Foran was allowed to have the get-out clause inserted in the contract as it means that they would risk losing the New Zealand Test star if Arthur becomes the club's fourth coaching casualty since 2010.

Making it even more prohibitive to sack Arthur is a second clause Parramatta general manager of football Daniel Anderson is also negotiating to remove from Foran's contract which states that the Eels would be liable for damages - believed to be worth up to one year's salary - if such a scenario eventuated.

After recently incurring a $525,000 fine for a raft of salary cap breaches last season, a pay-out of that size would make it impossible for the club to avoid another hefty penalty from the NRL.

Fairfax Media has been told that unease with the clauses was the reason the Eels had not offered Seward a new contract before his sudden resignation, although other sources say that no concerns were expressed to him or Arthur at the time the deal with Foran was done.

With the NRL team in danger of a third wooden spoon in four years, there are now also doubts about Arthur's future at Parramatta and it is understood that Anderson is preparing to take over in a move that would mark a return to the role he previously held in 2009 and 2010.

It is believed that Anderson has a contract with Parramatta until 2018.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...osen-grip-of-brad-arthur-20150622-ghu7uu.html

Ojlovednicole

Juniors
lol is dis just a plot for Daniel Anderson to be coach again?

That was my first thought as he was dirty at being dumped in the first place.

And that last message made me realise how realistic it could be

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Every club Ricky has left have been worse off. Give me a f**king break.
lol calm down. Just thought I'd point out that maybe Ricky was right to look for a more secure position.
Seriously, your front office is a shambles, its embarrassing to the game to be honest.

lol calm down. Just thought I'd point out that maybe Ricky was right to look for a more secure position.
Seriously, your front office is a shambles, its embarrassing to the game to be honest.

Grub Stuart has never finished a contract at any of the clubs he has been at.

Ojlovednicole

Juniors
This club needs a strong leader that backs its boys up through thick and thin.

Pick a coach and stick with him.

Truth is Daniel Anderson should never have been pumped and dumped half a season after taking them to a Grand Final from the year before that finishing in the bottom 1/3 of the ladder.

Latest posts