What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ford Ranger Cup Thread

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well the mighty queenslanders keep on going!

ps. By the way Twiz, can't you just rename the thread to Domestic ODI comp!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not really

needs to be done, or requested by the author

Its called the Ford ranger Cup so it correctly named

lockyno1

Post Whore
But half the viewers don't know it is called that Twiz! That is my point. Put it in brackets, so people don't miss out. f**k even I didn't know what it was until I read the posts and that is saying something as I know most cricket comps!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Qld picks up bonus point after thrashing Tasmania

Queensland won by nine wickets and earned a bonus point against Tasmania in the opening domestic cricket one-dayer at the Gabba in Brisbane on Wednesday.

The Bulls easily reached the 173 runs needed inside 40 overs for the loss of only one wicket.

Opener Matt Hayden (91) was caught off the bowling of Xavier Doherty.

Skipper Jimmy Maher was not out on 69, as was James Hopes on 3.

The Tigers were bowled out for 172 in the final over of their innings, but only after an 82-run partnership from Doherty and Luke Butterworth saved the visitors from a total collapse.

Ashley Noffke starred for Queensland with the ball, taking 3 for 30.

His opening over of the game claimed the wicket of Tigers opener Travis Birt for a duck, caught in the slips by Hayden.

Noffke's second scalp came in his next over when Michael di Venuto (5) was caught by all-rounder Chris Simpson.

George Bailey (1) was Noffke's third wicket, caught behind by Chris Hartley.

Michael Bevan (0) only faced 10 balls, opener Tim Paine made 25 when he was brilliantly caught by Bichel on the boundary and Tigers skipper Dan Marsh was caught behind for 26 off the bowling of Nathan Rimmington.

Doherty and Butterworth then steadied the visitors with their combined knock, until Doherty was caught off the bowling of Simpson for 53 in the 46th over.

Butterworth was run out soon after for 36.

The last two batsmen went cheaply, Adam Griffith (2) was caught and bowled by Hopes and Brett Geeves (12) was the last man out, caught off the bowling of Simpson.

The next best bowlers for Queensland was James Hopes with 2 for 33 and Simpson with 2 for 42.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200610/s1762647.htm

Hammershark

Juniors
Anybody noticed thers no televised games this weekend theres usally one on a sunday up here in Queensland televised. I was looking forward to this weekend so much until I realised there was no game on

The Colonel

Immortal
Fox Sports have picked up the rights to televise the games. They show pretty much all the games live and then have a highlights package in the morning. Not bad actually....

lockyno1

Post Whore
cricket.com.au will have live scores. As for live games, I am not sure. You won't get every game but maybe off torrents.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
This coverage will no doubt get more people to watch the series.

Thank You Fox Sports, lookin forward to some great games this season.

Latest posts