What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Form a Euro-Middle East Rugby League comprising European nations other than France and ME nations

Euro-Middle Eastern representative team:

Tom Trbojevic (Serbia)

Sandor Earl (Hungary), Nikola Cotric (Serbia) Tom Opacic (Serbia), Ryan Papenhuyzen (Netherlands)

Mitchell Moses (Lebanon)
Aiden Sezer (Turkey)

Jake Trbojevic (Serbia)
Emre Guler (Turkey) Jansin Turgut (Turkey)
Mikolaj Oledski (Poland) Robbie Farah (Lebanon) Tim Mannah (Lebanon)

Interchange: Alex Twal (Lebanon), Olsi Krasniqi (Albania), Erjon Dollapi (Albania) Michael Lichaa (Lebanon)

Reserves: Jimmy Keinhorst (Germany)

jim_57

Staff member
That was fun, now form a North American-South East Asian team excluding Guatemalan players. Feel free to ambush an innocent bystander with this discussion at your nearest watercooler.

siv

First Grade
The concept of playing a Balkans style Super League in the ME would work geographically.

Guess it would be based around a core Turkey comp with one or two teams from other nations.

Pommy

Coach
The concept of playing a Balkans style Super League in the ME would work geographically.

Guess it would be based around a core Turkey comp with one or two teams from other nations.

Turkey isn’t really in the Middle East though, they play all their football in Europe.

VictoryFC

Bench

This idea is even less feasible than the original post suggesting a rep team.

My suggestion is to let each nation try to grow organically within their borders. The reason why the SL works is because England and France have a long history of professionalism in RL - and more importantly necessary funding to make it work.

siv

First Grade
This idea is even less feasible than the original post suggesting a rep team.

My suggestion is to let each nation try to grow organically within their borders. The reason why the SL works is because England and France have a long history of professionalism in RL - and more importantly necessary funding to make it work.

Not a ESL model but a Balkans SL model