What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Form of players

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
Hello parra fans just wondering what everyone thought of Daniel wagon and brett finch form .

I cant remmember the last game were Daniel wagon had good run he is slow as for his defence is not up to scratch and i feel his offence is even worse. He never passes and cannot break the line. Time for a change and bring in youth into the side he is more of liability than an asset i cannot believe they have signed him for another two years. What do you fans feel about HIm????

As for finch i'm not sure how Hagan is trying to play him he is very quiet on the field. does anyone know what game plan hagan has for finch. I feel he wearing number 6 just to wear it. Common finch turn it on against gasnier he needs to run the ball and the team would look much better with not one not two but three kickers being Finch Smith Mateo hangon four burt.....

Any comments reagrding finch

Pazza

First Grade
im sure wagon threw one of the passes for grothe's try against the storm

The Colonel

Immortal
Wagon spent half the night playing inside Ben Smith and Eric...... I'd hate to have seen the scoreline had he not been playing out there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRACHILEAN said:
Any comments reagrding finch

I think Finchy has become one of the most valuble members of the squad, he's improved out of sight from the first month of the premiership and the easy way you can tell is that there's less people calling for his head as there was back then.

Finchy's kick and chase is first class, his general chase is excellent, his defence is fantastic and and his clean up work is outstanding, his execution in attack has improved some what but still room there to do more but he's making less mistakes as he was earlier in the year.

You cannot fault his intensity and offers great leadership when we need it.

Hage's is using him very well, stay out of the limelight and leave the sexy stuff to Tim and concentrate on the ugly stuff which at the end of the day has proven at times to be the difference between winning and loseing.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
eelavation said:
Hage's is using him very well, stay out of the limelight and leave the sexy stuff to Tim and concentrate on the ugly stuff which at the end of the day has proven at times to be the difference between winning and loseing.

Here here, exactely what Finch needed to be told to do. He's got his head down and he's working his ass off and he's earnt that many more fans for it!!

Wag's as been out injured for a while, yea? So it's hard to say that you can't remember the last time he did anything... He's the same as Finch to me, not flashy, but sh*t! we'd miss him if he weren't there!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Have to agree with Colonel in regards to Wags defence

with Eric and Benny unable to make a tackle in recent weeks (I know it's not technically true but it feels like it at times watching games) Wags has done a lot of clean up

Parra would've beaten Manly at Parra as Wags wouldn't have allowed 4 tries down that side as Eric and Ben did.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Take finch out of the side and parra will struggle, his defence, motivation and at times kicking and passing game are awesome.

Freak2

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
Have to agree with Colonel in regards to Wags defence

with Eric and Benny unable to make a tackle in recent weeks (I know it's not technically true but it feels like it at times watching games) Wags has done a lot of clean up

Parra would've beaten Manly at Parra as Wags wouldn't have allowed 4 tries down that side as Eric and Ben did.

Can't agree here entirely Hurri!

I think in recent weeks before Wagon came back in (in particular Manly) Benny unfortunately had a lack of confidence in Finchy's slide defence and came into hit when he should have stayed out. Leaving Guru exposed. You can see since then Guru has been ordered to come in and hit at all costs and the slide defence simply get's around the back of him to cover. This is and will continue to work well IMO.

We are a much more balanced team defensively with Wagon in the side and I am happy he is back.

Finchy for mine has been super all year on comparison to 2006 with the Roosters. In particular his defence. Finchy has always been a competitor and I really like what he has added to the Eels this year. Just need him to find that extra now for the big games and we all know he loves playing in the BIG GAMES look at his record. This experience is going to be worth SO MUCH over the next 6 weeks I believe!!!

Parra2006

Juniors
Finch on the line is awesome!
He has saved so many tires, he puts his body on the line and dives for everything!

Plus his kick chases are second to none, his always there.

In regards to Wagon, i think his alright i just wish we didnt resign him for next year and resigned I. Hindmarsh!

Well thats my 2 cents

Parra Guru

Coach
I am not a Wagon fan, but his defence has always been solid. The last time I saw Wagon do anything wrong in defence (which is a rarity in its self), he'd just had his ribs busted.

Finch has put in 110% in every game. I can't fault his efforts, and he has saved our bacon in defence on more than a few occasions too.

Bigfella

Coach
for his defence is not up to scratch

Couldn't be more wrong.

His defence was savage on Friday night.

His running has been doen on his early season form though, but he is coming back from injury.

Jake, I thought Wagon did pop a good fast short ball to Smith before passing to Grothe on the first try?

yy_cheng

Coach
hindmarsh4pm said:
Take finch out of the side and parra will struggle, his defence, motivation and at times kicking and passing game are awesome.
finch has won me over, however, 2 thhings that need improvement, 1- kicking into the clear, he seems to always find the fullback on the full, needs to learn some tricks from timmy 2- he has to stand back or deeper as he gets caught out alot by the outside defense and then have to go himself. he could actually have hayne behind him and as the defense rushes in he can slip a pass to hayne who could link to the outside backs

spiderdan

Bench
i think finch is getting better each week. i was critical of his form earlier in the year but he and tim are really getting their combo right and are getting comfortable in their roles playing alongside each other. finch has been superb in many aspects of his game and his reading of opposition plays has saved many tries this year.

wagon i am a bit iffy about. for a while (up until the raiders game last year) he just couldn't make any ground then he started hitting the ball up properly and getting us a bit of a roll on. this year though he seems to have gone back to how he was, and returning from injury may be a part of that, but i don't think he offers us enough as a forward with just his defence. ian hindmarsh i think is fairly similar. i would rather cannings, paulo or hauraki there instead of one of wagon or ian hindmarsh. i would be more than happy if they both proved me wrong though.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The issue is not with individual players it is with the lack of creativity in attack. We simply refuse to play with any variation and the opposition defence dominates. We simply don't ask any questions because it is way to obvious who is receiving the ball and there is no second phase or angled runners.

strider

Post Whore
Bigfella said:
Couldn't be more wrong.

His defence was savage on Friday night.

His running has been doen on his early season form though, but he is coming back from injury.

Jake, I thought Wagon did pop a good fast short ball to Smith before passing to Grothe on the first try?

Yep - grothe's actual try was quick hands from Wags and Ben sucked in defenders before putting eric away

Hayne's pass was on the grothe no-try ... it was a great short ball .... something i wish we'd see alot more of from jarryd

And yeah - wags is returning from injury - so yeah he hasn't run hard for a while :lol: .... but earlier in the season before he was injured I think he was actually a surprisingly good ball runner - he ran onto a few good passes and scored some good trys.

Wags was in outstanding form earlier in the year before he got injured .... i think some ppl have pretty f'n shot memories :?

lucablight

First Grade
Have to disagree with the topic creator about Finch. He has been one of our best over the last few weeks.

Latest posts