What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Form slump : (

Emu01

Juniors
I'm struggling with the 6 loses.I know it's only a game but with each loss I have gradually gotten worse.I think it's just the fact we were winning the comp before the 6 straight.Everywhere I go I'm known as a dragons fan so people are ripping into me about every game now.Im even fighting with my girl more often these days each week I tell myself ok "this week a win will turn around our season".We lose and all the negative thoughts come back to me..it's the waste of the good start which hurts the most and the fact I can't see a win in sight..The 3 reasons for our form slump are 1Benji : can be a match winner he shows glimpses but a shadow of his former self:2Home Games:Doust giving away our home games is the craziest idea ever,I know we had to because of money but fair dinkum no other team would even contemplate such a stupid idea,imagine Roosters or Sharks giving up just 1 home game it wouldn't happen but we give up 4!! To make matters worse we played The Roosters at their home ground I went to that game and was embarrassing cos their was more roosters fans out our home game!! They could not believe we would be so stupid to hand them another home game!!3:Injuries everyone knows about or injury dramas all at once makes winning difficult...So to sum up its a combination of poor form from playmakers,terrible mis management from Doust and Injuries..I hope we can beat the Storm this week something tells me we are a chance maybe because it's played in Nz get away from here and leave the losing feeling behind in Oz..How are you guys/women dealing with this slump??any ideas of how to feel better??Maybe I should watch the 2010 grand final over and over.lol thanks for listening to my rant..

Emu01

Juniors
The six losses got to me last night, but I'm more positive today.Come on let's beat the storm this week.Dragons!!

jenninga

First Grade
I'm struggling with the 6 loses.I know it's only a game but with each loss I have gradually gotten worse.I think it's just the fact we were winning the comp before the 6 straight.Everywhere I go I'm known as a dragons fan so people are ripping into me about every game now.Im even fighting with my girl more often these days each week I tell myself ok "this week a win will turn around our season".We lose and all the negative thoughts come back to me..it's the waste of the good start which hurts the most and the fact I can't see a win in sight..The 3 reasons for our form slump are 1Benji : can be a match winner he shows glimpses but a shadow of his former self:2Home Games:Doust giving away our home games is the craziest idea ever,I know we had to because of money but fair dinkum no other team would even contemplate such a stupid idea,imagine Roosters or Sharks giving up just 1 home game it wouldn't happen but we give up 4!! To make matters worse we played The Roosters at their home ground I went to that game and was embarrassing cos their was more roosters fans out our home game!! They could not believe we would be so stupid to hand them another home game!!3:Injuries everyone knows about or injury dramas all at once makes winning difficult...So to sum up its a combination of poor form from playmakers,terrible mis management from Doust and Injuries..I hope we can beat the Storm this week something tells me we are a chance maybe because it's played in Nz get away from here and leave the losing feeling behind in Oz..How are you guys/women dealing with this slump??any ideas of how to feel better??Maybe I should watch the 2010 grand final over and over.lol thanks for listening to my rant..

Get your head out of the sand for starters.

Redhoopz

Juniors
You need to take up some other interests...

Don't worry about the losses, focus on the positives... we've done well to make it as far as we did, when everyone was tipping us for the spoon at the start of the year...

Having the bye that killed the momentum and a string of injuries certainly didn't help, loosing to teams apart from Cronulla and Parra we've lost to top sides and we've been in those matches and had a chance to win them. So it shows how far we've come since the start of the season.

It's good to see that we're ripping in and having a go, sure we need to work on our attack a lot more, but it's a massive step forward from watching them play unmotivated under Price...

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Cheer up Emu!
Getting away for a game and having most players back on board may be just what the team needs to hit the re-start button and get a win.
They are in a slump for sure, but i think they can get a grinding win this week across the ditch and hopefully a boost in confidence for a run in.
All's not lost just yet!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Watching the Matty Johns show last night, Matt and the boys agreed that although Saints have lost 6 games they have not played like a team that is on a bad slump. I tend to agree as a couple were due to bad decisions, most were due to injury. They also said that now that the troops are coming back they expect improvement and have not written us off yet. The way they played with that great defence was good and they should be able to get back to that style with their players coming back.

I rate Matty Johns, he may be a bit of a joker but he does have a good footy brain.

Redhoopz

Juniors
Watching the Matty Johns show last night, Matt and the boys agreed that although Saints have lost 6 games they have not played like a team that is on a bad slump. I tend to agree as a couple were due to bad decisions, most were due to injury. They also said that now that the troops are coming back they expect improvement and have not written us off yet. The way they played with that great defence was good and they should be able to get back to that style with their players coming back.

I rate Matty Johns, he may be a bit of a joker but he does have a good footy brain.

I rate him also, as long as he's not talking up the Dragons!, last time he did we haven't won a game since haha

Mickthedragon

Juniors
I'm not prepared to completely write them off just yet but think we have to beat storm this week.
We also need to get a bit of luck again with injuries and keep most of our squad intact.
If we can get a win and the confidence we had returns,we will get on a run to make the eight.

V

Vasilevsky

I'm not prepared to completely write them off just yet but think we have to beat storm this week.
We also need to get a bit of luck again with injuries and keep most of our squad intact.
If we can get a win and the confidence we had returns,we will get on a run to make the eight.

Agree. If they can't beat Melbourne, not one of the top teams, we can start thinking about next season. In my opinion, at this point it's looking promising. Though remains to be seen how much Merrin will be missed. That traitorous ******* who used to be a good winger has very much been missed this year. Just because there was no one ready to replace him. From next year I have high hopes Mary has some more jnrs lined up to join Aitken and the pack is looking extremely strong.

Puff2010

Juniors
I for one have not written the boys off. For sure the 6 losses are hard to take, and I'm also the brunt of lots of ribbing at the moment. With troops coming back, our combinations both in defence and attack will improve. I think we will be there in the 8

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I thought I saw some better signs against bunnies, whether the losing momentum can be reversed remains to be seen. Wish we weren't playing Storm at this point but a win against them would be well earned and help get back lost confidence.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
On paper losing 6 is shocking but there is a lot of reasons behind that. I am amazed how injuries are not being considered and ref calls. They did not cop 1 or 2 injuries it was the whole backrow and their backup. They needed 2 guys to fill in spots after joining the club 48 hrs prior, that is how dire it got. I have never seen this bad an injury list in such a short time following the Dragons. They usually cop 1 or 2 in drips and drabs but your talking 10+ players over a period of 6 weeks. Must be some record.

It's funny how when they won 8 some did not give them as much credit as it deserved. It was as if it was expected and an easy thing to do yet apart from the competition leaders no other team has won more than 6 straight.

Melb will be tough but not the end of the season if they lose. It will just make it alot tougher to make the 8 winning a majority of your remaining games. People must have forgotten the Browny, David Waite and Farrah days because that is how they finished most seasons under them.

Latest posts