Former Eels stars Mick Cronin, Bob O'Reilly and Peter Wynn consider rebel ticket

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Forty20, Oct 12, 2010.

1. bartman

bartman Immortal

Last time it was also a bit simple-minded sloganeering imo.

Even Sevens didn't realise that under the constitution no matter what the vote numbers all that 3P could hope to get elected were 5 of the 7 spots. But it didn't stop him and everyone who fell into line spouting nonsense about people having to vote for all 7 on a ticket to create change or whatever :lol:.

I'm actually advocated that people not be blinded by a ticket and pick the best candidates for the correct balance last time around Suity, so you've no argument from me.

I guess everyone's definition of good people on boards will be different, and so (like last time) it's up to the current ones to convince us they are? Other than propaganda masquerading as a letter to members, (like last time, and with two months to go) I haven't seen much convincing from the current lot happening yet.

2. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

Good. We agree then.

Suity

3. bartman

bartman Immortal

Apparently so... ;-)

4. Sangreal 86

Sangreal 86 Juniors

Oh, those were the days!!!

5. Sangreal 86

Sangreal 86 Juniors

You have that now, bar one, if only people who think this club belongs to them and wont go away would let these people do their job instead of putting out fires and being in court.

6. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Dude it's in court because you're trying to revoke his Life Membership.

What did Rambo say ? You drew First Blood. ;-)

7. Sangreal 86

Sangreal 86 Juniors

Twizzle Sir....Mr Administrator....whats MITS has posted here is fact, just as I did yesterday....why is MITS fact allowed and my 6 posts with fact are punted.

8. fish eel

fish eel Immortal

*waits for deletion*

9. eel4life

eel4life Juniors

Funny how things get deleted on here ...

10. Forty20

Forty20 First Grade

This is getting pretty ridiculous. No one and no party achieves anything remotely close to a positive result by getting involved in a slang match on the internet in a fan forum of all places.

You want to hear a tip from a precocious Gen Y lad? Spend less time trying to discredit your opponents and instead focus on developing your own campaign policies, for the better of our club...because in the end we have Australian politics if we want to witness awful campaigns that focus on personal attacks over policy.

It would be a shockingly pleasant experience if all parties involved would stand up and let themselves be judged simply on their own merits. A foolish hope but one can dream...

11. CrazyEel

CrazyEel Bench

LOL, that's not being precocious, it's being naive. Way back when I was a Gen Y I had those same visions of utopia, I quickly lost all that foolishness when I marched for peace and got sent to Vietnam for my troubles :lol:

12. MarkInTheStands

MarkInTheStands Coach

I got it on e-mail for my purposes :D

Personally, as I know that most of the time the Admins won't tell you what something was deleted for. But Sevens, there is a difference between you and I.

I have never been part of a political campaign for this club. True I have been a long time friend of the Former chairman, but I have never been employed or volunteered in a club political campaign, I think that is important.

Also since 2004 or so when I joined this board from the club's official board (with a brief lay over at Planet Eels) I have provided information on this club and its back-end structure for many on here, I have provided notes on the past 4 AGM's to this site, indeed members of the previous and current boards along with Club employees have commented on my AGM's posts to the affect that I should be the minutes taker for the meeting. So maybe it is also my track record.

The Above question was raised by Jake about the clubs financial history in regards to the Power and the Two blues. Which I try to provide as best my memory serves.

If I was to show my colours on those topics, like for example. I loved the Power and went to many games, my one regret is that we didn't win the championship and that I wasn't there for the last game which was a grand final. But that is as always just my opinion.

13. Forty20

Forty20 First Grade

It would be naive if my post wasn't ended in "A foolish hope but one can dream..."

I hold no illusions as to how this world works CrazyEel, having witnessed enough of it firsthand to long ago leave behind virtuous ideology but I fail to see how getting involved in a stupid slanging match on the internet benefits oneself or any associates they represent.

If anything Rothfield is sitting at his desk rubbing his hands in glee as ammunition for another article starring our club simply piles itself up for him. Who needs leaks when we have known personalities handing out ammo willingly?

14. CrazyEel

CrazyEel Bench

Because it is what people do! I think you missed my point, consider the fact we are dealing with human nature and explain what you would call the two highlighted statements in your sentence :D

Sorry, maybe it's just because of my old age but I just believe it naive to expect people to behave rationally and intelligently, utopia :lol:

15. Forty20

Forty20 First Grade

[​IMG]

You have a point...there is nothing rational or intelligent about Human Nature :D

I tend to ration my rationality anyway, being crazy is so much more entertaining, right? ;-)

16. CrazyEel

CrazyEel Bench

It keeps you sane :lol:

17. Bigfella

Bigfella Coach

That's embarrassing.

18. bartman

bartman Immortal

:lol:

19. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

What's embarrassing is that I seem to have a special friend who follows me around these forums providing his critique on my posts and I've never stopped to thank you for the time and thought that you afford me.

Thanks Bigfella ((((hugs))))

20. Hollywood Jesus

Hollywood Jesus Coach

Hang on...so if I run for the board on my pro-Beards and pro-GODbraith ticket...does that mean I can't discuss Beards or GODbraith on this forum anymore?