What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Eels stars Mick Cronin, Bob O'Reilly and Peter Wynn consider rebel ticket

fish eel

Immortal
you're right it would be easier, but I feel that the fans have a right to their opinion and it does make out job a bit harder but its a genuine topic for discussion so we do our best to let the fans voice their opinions

Fair enough, I guess all me and Suit are saying is that there is a fine line, especially on an anonymous place like this. Plenty long term users are well known in the real world, but there are those who arent as well. Who has and hasnt got some 'political gain' may not always be clear.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, you make a good point. If I defend 3P and support them, am I not doing anything different to Terry.
If I criticise them, should my posts stay here without question?

Suity

yes you are

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-board-elections/story-e6frexq0-1225704166736

As he celebrated alongside about 100 raucous members in the level-three Sterlo's Bar, 3P spokesman Terry Leabeater said the new directors would immediately inspect the records and Fitzgerald's contract with a "fine-tooth comb".

you're not their spokesman

TooheysNew

Coach
Actually[/CODE] you make a good point. If I defend 3P and support them, am I not doing anything different to Terry.
If I criticise them, should my posts stay here without question?

Grey area.

As Gronk points out, who's to say that I don't have a political gain one way or another.
I'm also good friends with Parra Future. How does LU know that if I start making positive posts in support of him that I'm not trying to gain a political advantage personally?

If it's all open to personal moderator disgression, that the grey area.

Suity

No. Not a grey area. You're entitled to an opinion. So long as you aren't getting a personal political gain out of it, we don't care. You supporting someone isn't going to get them elected. It's just one random username's opinion.

Sangreal was making a personal gain, and couldn't substantiate anything he said. That's his fault.

We aren't stopping opinions. We're stopping people using our site as a billboard for their own agendas.

So long as what bartman or anyone else posts is not breaching guidelines, and isn't for personal political gain, then it will not be deleted. I have no idea what you're talking about re the telegraph, but it's obvious you don't understand what libel means. If it's sourced somewhere else and linked to, the onus is off us.

If anyone has a problem with this, our email address is on the contact form.

By the way, the word is discretion.

forward pass

Coach
exactly

wanna swap jobs till the elections ?

easy for some to criticise but we give up our spare time to run a forum for people to enjoy free of charge and yet some people still find something to criticise us for

this is a fan site and not a place to run an election campaign if some dont like it, tough

Not criticising you Twiz. you do a great job. I am just trying to understand how this all works - that is all.

You have no idea who I am or if I once ran for the board. In fact I could be on the board and you wouldn't know.

cv8z

Juniors
Not criticising you Twiz. you do a great job. I am just trying to understand how this all works - that is all.

You have no idea who I am or if I once ran for the board. In fact I could be on the board and you wouldn't know.
so you really are lyn wallace?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

thats exactly right but if you were on the board I would suggest there maybe some issues in your posts that would make us a bit suspicious

Suitman

Post Whore
No. Not a grey area. You're entitled to an opinion. So long as you aren't getting a personal political gain out of it, we don't care. You supporting someone isn't going to get them elected. It's just one random username's opinion.

Sangreal was making a personal gain, and couldn't substantiate anything he said. That's his fault.

We aren't stopping opinions. We're stopping people using our site as a billboard for their own agendas.

So long as what bartman or anyone else posts is not breaching guidelines, and isn't for personal political gain, then it will not be deleted. I have no idea what you're talking about re the telegraph, but it's obvious you don't understand what libel means. If it's sourced somewhere else and linked to, the onus is off us.

If anyone has a problem with this, our email address is on the contact form.

By the way, the word is discretion.

OK then. :thumb

Suity

Tony Bongo

Bench
Neither am I. Seriously. I just find like others, that it's unclear what is able to be posted by some and what isn't.
Also, refer to my post earlier, below.

I found if you just say the words "in my opinion" it really helps. BTW that's just my opinion.;-)

Latest posts