What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Magpie Alan Neil

Calixte

First Grade
Interesting that you mention him...

After the doco the other night, I dug out my VHS copy of the Wests v Manly clash from Lidcombe in 1980.

Neil gave Steve Martin a lesson and was probably the best player on the field.

Used to love his reverse moves and would be great to see a modern coach/team using them again.

ravin rabbitoh

Juniors
good player didnt have his brothers ticker,the other brother played reserve grade
was a better footballer out of all of them in my opinion

charlie frith

Juniors
Alan Neil had an exceptional footy brain, but not the work ethic of his younger brother Mick. Middle brother Craig was also a clever player, real hard nut, but again not the work ethic of youngest brother Mick.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Wests really didn't miss a beat with the departure of Raudonikis in 1980, Neil filled the breached comfortably.

Loved the way footballers back then had their own style and characteristics, stuff professional football give me the old style everday, heaps more interesting.

innsaneink

Referee
Wests really didn't miss a beat with the departure of Raudonikis in 1980, Neil filled the breached comfortably.

Loved the way footballers back then had their own style and characteristics, stuff professional football give me the old style everday, heaps more interesting.

Yes...now its coached out of them from 13.

Latest posts