What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Big Mick

Referee
Off your head Mick. The Winter has been good for us. Hard to make a mark when your role is 14 mins of tackling & 66 mins of motivating the bench.

He is too much of a liability defensively for mine and has a selfish streak. Twice if he passed straight away on Friday we would have scored easily...instead he kept trying to break a tackle and both plays went to crap.

He has been OK....would not say good.

I just think Burns and Sele are more talented - with one not getting a shot and the other...well...he must have ran over Clearys' dog or something.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just saw one example why Griffin didn’t rate Sivo. Tigers second try horrible read in defence by Sivo no need for him to come in and try scored.

Kilkenny

Coach
Awful defence by Robert Jennings to allow Blake Ferguson try just now. Great finish by Ferguson but seriously Robert has been a major disappointment given was touted as the best Jennings as a junior.

OldPanther

Coach
Like with all stats it alone doesn't tell the story but it is why he is starting and doesn't comeback. He is there to help our starts the flip side is attack is ordinary.

Yeah that's true about stats although I haven't seen anything to be concerned about in defence. I definitely think that's what it is. Give us a defensive boost for 15 - 20 minutes while everyone is fresh.

martielang

Bench
Like with all stats it alone doesn't tell the story but it is why he is starting and doesn't comeback. He is there to help our starts the flip side is attack is ordinary.

I think he runs better lines then anyone else in our team, just seems to get very little ball. I think he could be used a lot more effectively in attack, consistently runs between shoulders & pokes his nose through.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think he runs better lines then anyone else in our team, just seems to get very little ball. I think he could be used a lot more effectively in attack, consistently runs between shoulders & pokes his nose through.

Then gets through and takes to long to decide what to do

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah that's true about stats although I haven't seen anything to be concerned about in defence. I definitely think that's what it is. Give us a defensive boost for 15 - 20 minutes while everyone is fresh.

I like that defensive stat best as it means the guys are put down rather than bounce off

Big Mick

Referee
View attachment 31376

Not sure that's an accurate assessment of his defence since he has a near perfect efficiency.

Stats don't tell the whole story but does show he has been a bit more efficient than I thought he was. Still doesn't factor in tackles he doesn't attempt though that he shirks away from. I've seen it at least 5 teams this season. Kikau as well to be fair...i.e vs the Warriors in the first game.

For mine...given he is playing...what 20 min a game...I'd rather invest those minutes into guys that can potentially contribute down the line. Winterstein is not exactly our future.

I think he does run a good line though. But he gets lost in the headlights when having to make a decision....as shown on Friday.

I'm not saying he is bad. He is doing his job. I'm just saying I'd prefer other options over him.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Stats don't tell the whole story but does show he has been a bit more efficient than I thought he was. Still doesn't factor in tackles he doesn't attempt though that he shirks away from. I've seen it at least 5 teams this season. Kikau as well to be fair...i.e vs the Warriors in the first game.

For mine...given he is playing...what 20 min a game...I'd rather invest those minutes into guys that can potentially contribute down the line. Winterstein is not exactly our future.

I think he does run a good line though. But he gets lost in the headlights when having to make a decision....as shown on Friday.

I'm not saying he is bad. He is doing his job. I'm just saying I'd prefer other options over him.

I wouldn't mind development squad player being used in with those limited minutes.

snickers007

Juniors
I wouldn't mind development squad player being used in with those limited minutes.

We kind of did that last week with Jed, who only saw 17 mins of action (Winterstein played 45 straight).

For what it's worth, I don't mind Winterstein, especially in the role he is playing. Runs good lines, makes his tackles.

If we ever get our Top 17 on the field, I doubt he'll be there. But hes been extremely important to us during this winning streak.