What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum 7's

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Hi All,

As has been the case with many of you, I have come across from parraeels.com.

A few weeks ago I stumbled across Forum 7's for the first time and it seems like a good idea.

Unfortunately there was no stand-alone Eels team by the time I started playing as it had failed to get enough players and merged with the Dogs.

I just want to get an idea of how many people would be committed to playing for a stand-alone Parra Eels forum 7's team next year (or possibly in some friendlies before then if we can line them up). It would involve writing a 750 word league related essay every 2-4 weeks. Check out the Forum 7's forums for more info.

Just putting the feelers out for now to see if it's worth pursuing. If you are interested, please post in this thread.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I was hoping you'd say that Colonel. You seem to have a very good historical knowledge of league and a good understanding of the modern game and you have a good writing style. You'd be an asset to the team.

So far it looks like we have:
* DvdHntr (previous captain of the Parramatta Eels Forum 7's team and willing to do it again if we can get at least 10 people committed)
* Colonel Eel
* Vaealiki's Girl (this is an assumption based on her playing for the Parra Dogs)
* eels2win (hey, that's me)

Not bad for 5 minutes work.

There also seems to be another team that starts and stops and is trying to get a team together for next year as well called the Rhinos which seems to be full of Eels (ParraMatt, Eels Dude, parra-matters). Not sure what the story is there, but possibly a split based on historical bickering?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
There is some real quality in this forum and a few ex-players. So I ask if you are interested to check it out and post your interest in the Parramatta Eels 2004 thread in the Forum Sevens Central forum. Hope to see a lot of interest....(looks toward Misty Bee ;-) )

The Engineers Room

First Grade
This is a great concept and I think you Parra fans really need to check this out. Parramatta needs and wants to get this team off the ground.