What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum changes this week.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
On Tuesday - Wednesday (11-12 May), the Front Row forums will getting an upgrade.

We will be installing vBulletin to replace the current phpBB forums. The look of the forums will be different but just as functional.

This upgrade is part of the overall plan to improve the forums and get rid of a number of bugs, which have been brought about by the enormous growth of the site over the last two years.

The website address for The Front Row forums will not change.
But the URLs for threads and posts will change.

We don't expect any post loss but Forums 7s players and captains are advised to save their essays just in case there's a glitch.

Members may lose their sig files and initially, there will be no avatars.
Members are advised to save your images now if you want to put them back later on.

For additional information on the day: www.leagueunlimited.com
Or email: forums@leagueunlimited.com

Any other questions, please feel free to ask here.

Cheers.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Are we in danger of losing any 'sticky' type threads in forums?

Any chance of losing posts?

Cheers

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Broncodroid said:
Are we in danger of losing any 'sticky' type threads in forums?
No
Broncodroid said:
Any chance of losing posts?
If all goes to plan, very few posts will lost. It will be an off-peak upgrade (early morning) and the database will backed up.

Hurriflatch said:
would like to know about post counts myself
Post counts shouldnt change.

Broncodroid

Juniors
Cheers Willow.

Just so I was clear, POST COUNTS (do not get me started on this) was not what I was worried about...more posts from other threads not labelled as 'sticky' or 'announcements' that are of interest to members.

Thanks again.

Raider_69

Post Whore
just incase something disasterous happens... i will go into the switch over as #1 post whore!
Bow to me :lol:

Doctor

Bench
All the best with it Willow and the team. I mean that sincerely -- you've had your fair share of problems..... soldier on. :clap:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What Cheerleaders thread Berkeley_Eagle? No current threads will be lost.

nöyd

Staff member
Willow said:
On Tuesday - Wednesday (11-12 May), the Front Row forums will getting an upgrade.

I'm guessing you meant the 10th & 11th? ;-)

Doctor

Bench
Parranoyd said:
Willow said:

We're running on the LU calendar around here Parranoyd -- get with the programme. ;-)

nöyd

Staff member
Oswin said:
Parranoyd said:
Willow said:

We're running on the LU calendar around here Parranoyd -- get with the programme. ;-)

My apologies :oops:

;-) :D

Samwise

Bench
Do you advise we fill up the bath tub with water and stock up on non perishable food items?

Doctor

Bench
Samwise said:
Do you advise we fill up the bath tub with water and stock up on non perishable food items?

It's a bit like that isn't it. :lol:

I'm sure we'll be fine. I trust the team to get the forum through this upgrade unscathed [ lets water out of bath, finds 'rainy-day' money-box hurriedly ] ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Raider_69 said:
just incase something disasterous happens... i will go into the switch over as #1 post whore!
Bow to me :lol:

Funnily enough your post count has stayed but your sig is way too big

Welcome welcome to the new LU forum!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If there's any queries, please post them here in the one thread.

First up, if you think some threads are missing, please check at the bottom of the page first and make sure you have it set so you are viewing all posts from the 'beginning'.

We'll make this a default later today.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You can make it a default yourself by going to User CP > Options and scroll about halfway down. I also set my posts per page to 40, means I rarely have to click onto page 2 :D