What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Upgrade

As you may have noticed, we've just upgraded our forum software to the latest major version. There are some new features that come with the new software, and we'll highlight these over the next few days.

Just like any major upgrade there are likely to be teething issues, but we'll work through these as quickly as possible.

If you've got any bugs to report or constructive feedback, please post them in this thread and we'll take a look.

I'm here almost every day and the ads aren't a problem.

I would like to see video ads during half time to help fund the game day threads. Run a comp about the ad with a prize to encourage people to watch it. So our mighty advertisers know we are watching. Do a poll type thing with the winner announced at full time.

What about those iphone applications, if you watch this short video for 2 minutes you can access to the app. We could do an lu version. Once a week, get through the ad.

And I would consider an lu member package, where we can use it in the "real world" for things we have to buy every so often, like car things. Repco have cut a deal with the NRMA, can we do that?

I've always been amazed that the NRL aren't all over this site, advertising the product and things or even individual clubs promoting themselves. This is the heartland?

There are plenty of people on Lu whose knowledge of the game and other insight exceeds that on legacy media and others who are just fun to be around. Say Souths mod Callmack runs a big review after every game from his perspective, every player, strategy and stuff. Its much more in depth that anything you will get mainstream. I always read it.

In the long run, I'm confident sites like Lu will eventually dominate big media as people prefer interacting. The days of being treated like idiots are coming to an end.

So we have to tough it out. I think we need game day comments running under a screen video of the game itself. That would be ideal. Id pay for that.

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Above is my experience with the forum of late, ads galore, can barely read the threads @Willow Thanks in advance for any assistance

Crush

Coach
What device and browser is it?
Are you sure you can't just scroll past the ad?
I-phone.
Safari.
Ads in middle I can scroll past, but one down bottom pops up and is pinned there.
When I type, the ad bar down bottom covers and prevents me from seeing text I am typing as I type.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I-phone.
Safari.
Ads in middle I can scroll past, but one down bottom pops up and is pinned there.
When I type, the ad bar down bottom covers and prevents me from seeing text I am typing as I type.
OK. They usually have a small 'X' in the corner of the ad which closes the ad when you touch it. Can you try that?

Crush

Coach
OK. They usually have a small 'X' in the corner of the ad which closes the ad when you touch it. Can you try that?
Yes, the ads have 3 ‘X’ in various spots each ad. If you select the right one it closes the ad, if you select the wrong one it opens the ad.
I’ve now worked out which ‘X’ to close ads and will soldier on, thanks for your assistance.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes, the ads have 3 ‘X’ in various spots each ad. If you select the right one it closes the ad, if you select the wrong one it opens the ad.
I’ve now worked out which ‘X’ to close ads and will soldier on, thanks for your assistance.
Yeah I know, it's tricky like that. In any case, I'll review that particular ad placement when time permits and pass it onto the ad agency.

inverted63

Juniors
Yeah I know, it's tricky like that. In any case, I'll review that particular ad placement when time permits and pass it onto the ad agency.
Hey Willow. I echo this sentiment. The new popup ad at the bottom of the screen is doing my head in. Right now as I type this on my iPad I can’t even see what I am typing because the pop up is blocking my view.

Ive tried a few different adblockers, but they don’t seem to work for this. Would be great if you could make this go away for us.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hey Willow. I echo this sentiment. The new popup ad at the bottom of the screen is doing my head in. Right now as I type this on my iPad I can’t even see what I am typing because the pop up is blocking my view.

Ive tried a few different adblockers, but they don’t seem to work for this. Would be great if you could make this go away for us.
OK. But please don't use ad blockers, that's not a solution and can only make things worse.

TooheysNew

Coach
Just be careful not to click them too often. One or two a day is tonnes. More than that risks getting blocked.