What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forums Sevens

Anonymous

Juniors
The Forum Sevens is a tremendous concept.

Forummers set up teams of five players with two reserves per match.
The rules are pretty simple. The players write League-related essays and a referee awards points to all contributors. The winning team earning points on the F7s table.

This thread has been posted so we may be able to discuss the possibility of setting up the F7s here at League Unlimited.

Lets talk....

Zef

Juniors
Much, much more appropriate Willow. Whilst you know I'll always think you shouldn't look a gift audience in the mouth - this is a 1000% improvement. At least a search engine can find you here.

Well done and good luck - but still cop my tip on the referees or human nature will ensure the thing's just as doomed as it once looked. You may find yourself a pool here - so use it.

Regards,
Zef.

And don't let anyone talk you into a deadline.

Anonymous

Juniors
Zef. Its going to be linked to the main page at LU. I had wished for a seamless transition but as you are no doubt well aware, disaster struck the old F7s forum and the server was fried. Apparently the place was hacked and from a hackers point of view, the timing was as good as it gets.
We can only try and pick up the pieces and try again.

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
the old forums sevens forum still has a high chance of coming back soon, once it does we will start the move. Fingers crossed that ish.biz get things up and going again so i can get to the files

Collateral

Coach
I think it would be good to play it here. But hopefully if possible finish off the current season at the Firum Sevens site and then move here 8)

legend

Coach
Well now that Eli has fixed the word limit problem, it should be all steam ahead.

We already have 57 members and the forums have been running for about a week.

I guarantee if they move to LU, they will never leave. 8)

Anonymous

Juniors
Yep. I made a few long posts in the Henson park forum and they have miraculously completed themselves after being cut off at the knees.

The old F7s forum at ish biz is still down and its been almost two weeks now so I think the moment of truth has come. Bit of a drag really... the Bluebags were leading undefeated too... :wink:

Mr Bulldogs, Ozzie, Helen of Troy, broncoman, Roosterboy, Dragon Fanatic were amongst the keenest to see this competition go ahead and as far as I know, they're all in the vicinity.

Time for a show of hands either by posting here or by PM or email. Is it a goer?

ozzie

Bench
have started to send your email out to my players - I'm keen - I'll see how much they are - but I think most of them will still stay..

Anonymous

Juniors
ozzie said:
have started to send your email out to my players - I'm keen - I'll see how much they are - but I think most of them will still stay..

Thanks Ozzie. I think with the demise of the old F7s forum at ish biz (yes, I've pretty much given up on the server there coming back), we really copped a kick in the guts.

But If we can get just two or three of the old teams together, I'm sure others will follow. Looking around the Front Row Forums is very encouraging with plenty of new members signing up every day.

Zef

Juniors
Don't let 'em rush you Willow.

Deadlines - killed 2 attempts of resurrection now.

Anonymous

Juniors
Zef said:
Don't let 'em rush you Willow.

Deadlines - killed 2 attempts of resurrection now.

Zef, Have I ever asked for your advice? You've been full of it since the F7s moved on and haven't let up since. Problem is, you've never been able to take the hint.

Zef

Juniors
No need to ask Willow - advice is free, just like hints.

Take 'em or leave 'em. That's my advice.

Regards,
Zef.

roosterboy60

Juniors
Willow said:
Yep. I made a few long posts in the Henson park forum and they have miraculously completed themselves after being cut off at the knees.

The old F7s forum at ish biz is still down and its been almost two weeks now so I think the moment of truth has come. Bit of a drag really... the Bluebags were leading undefeated too... :wink:

Mr Bulldogs, Ozzie, Helen of Troy, broncoman, Roosterboy, Dragon Fanatic were amongst the keenest to see this competition go ahead and as far as I know, they're all in the vicinity.

Time for a show of hands either by posting here or by PM or email. Is it a goer?

Yep I'll play wherever it is.

Anonymous

Juniors
Zef, What is this crap anyway? Deadlines killed two attempts at resurrection?

The attempt at Grandstand was doomed because of the ridiculous CEO tags and the air of self importance. The first order of the day was to delete threads and block any PMs that dared to talk about the new forum or any other website. You were part of this absurd way of running things. No wonder people got pissed off and scarpered.

The second 'breakaway' attempt was doing well because we were running it in an open and sensible manner. It was fried because the ish biz madsters server was hacked and went down.... thats what the server said... perhaps you know something that I don't.

In other words, the Grandstand attempt died because of inflated egos and the breakaway attempt died because of bad luck.

My only regret is that I should have initiated suggestions earlier to move the forums to higher and safer ground.

As for your advice, I have yet to see anything constructive.

Anonymous

Juniors
roosterboy60 said:
Willow said:

Yep I'll play wherever it is.

Thanks Roosterboy :D
I'm getting a few msgs flowing in now.
See if you can get a team together and we'll get a few trials going.

Anonymous

Juniors
roosterboy60 said:
You want me to make a team? Well I guess it possible is that what you meant?

Yep. Weren't you in a team before? Penelope is here aka Helen of Troy. I can't remember exactly but were you two in the same team?

Anonymous

Juniors
roosterboy60 said:
Yes I was with the Roosters. Do you want me to stick with them or not?

Its not up to me... thats between you and your team.

I'm simply asking for any old teams to contact each other and see if they can get 5 starters + 2 reserves together.

5+2 is enough to field a Forum 7s team.

The Bluebags can be re-formed without too much fuss and are ready to play a trial against anyone who dares. :wink: