What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four Nations - Is It Being Televised And If Yes Who is Broadcasting The Games In Syd

ElectricEel

Juniors
Incorrect, Twiz. All Australian games are on Ch 9. Non-Aussie games and replays of Aussie games are on FOX Sports 3.

Sat 24 Oct England v France - 9:00am Delayed on FOX Sports 3
Sun 25 Oct Australia v New Zealand - 6am Live on Channel 9, replay 9am FOX Sports 3

Late Sat 31 Oct Australia v England - 1:30am Live on Channel 9, replay 9am Sunday FOX Sports 3
Early Sun 1 Nov New Zealand v France - Kicks Off (4:00am), replay 9am FOX Sports 3

Late Sat 7 Nov Australia v France - 1:30am Live on Channel 9
Early Sun 8 Nov England v New Zealand - (Kicks Off 5:00am), replay 9am FOX Sports 3

Sun 15 Nov Four Nations Final - Live on Channel 9 at 6:30am, replay 9am FOX Sports 3

Thanks HJ.

Looks like that will change, EE.

England v France was changed to be live this morning at 6am and replayed at 10:30am, so I'm guessing the non-Aussie games may end up being shown live on FOX Sports 1 with replays a bit later than currently scheduled on FOX Sports 3.

strider

Post Whore
f'n oath! - could have been an absolute corker, only the knob with the whistle thought he was playing in a band or something :roll:

at the ref had the guts to penalise repeatedly and players were held down in the ruck the only thing he didn't do was use the bin and he should of binned at least 3 players.
Blair will get cited he ran over 30mtrs to join the Gallen/Luke punch up and coat hangered someone.

Have to say that was the best test match I've every seen.
NZ derserved to win die to their great defence but the Aussies have so many game breakers you just knew they would come back.

parra pete

Referee
f'n oath! - could have been an absolute corker, only the knob with the whistle thought he was playing in a band or something :roll:

So what is the ref supposed to do...ignore the rules? What rule does he ignore.
Blame the players..they were the people making the mistakes!!!
Poor old ref...damed if he does, damned if he doesn't. A little bit off side is like being a little bit pregnant.
Rules are there so players know what is required. If they can't abide by them, they shouldn't be in the team at INTERNATIONAL LEVEL. They are SUPPOSED to be the ELITE.

Voodoo Rock

Juniors
To be honest, I think we need two refs to be implemented in international games aswell. Greats hits today but way too many stoppages.

Plus those british commentators make my ears bleed :crazy::crazy:

Fee

Juniors
To be honest, I think we need two refs to be implemented in international games aswell. Greats hits today but way too many stoppages.

Plus those british commentators make my ears bleed :crazy::crazy:

Dont start me on the commentators, they have no idea, you could tell they dont usually call quick games, they were so confused.:roll::crazy:

It's always been this way.

I hate British telecasts of games. They have no idea of what is actually going on, for starters, and the stupid things they do (that angle bullsh*t for goal kicks and that guy who stands in goal and gives meaningless comments after tries) annoy the hell out of me.

I hate to say it but give me Gus Gould any day of the week.

born an eel

Bench
Poor old ref...damed if he does, damned if he doesn't. A little bit off side is like being a little bit pregnant.
Rules are there so players know what is required. If they can't abide by them, they shouldn't be in the team at INTERNATIONAL LEVEL. They are SUPPOSED to be the ELITE.
totally agree, I think the NRL has taken the easy option and the players get away with too much. Look at the GF as an example.

It is now up to the players to respond by playing by the rules, that will reduce the stoppages.

strider

Post Whore
actually pete - if you want a ref to get pedantic, there'd be apenalty EVERY f'n tackle - seriously, someone is a step offside, a marker not straight a guy holding on too long EVERY tackle - the ref HAS to make judgements on how much he is going to penalise all the time ... this guy went nuts!

I dunno - maybe they do it differently in the ESL? - maybe their style is more whistle happy .... but I swear there were so many f'n holding down penalties (both ways) in that game that we just ridiculous - its not f'n touch footy

Suitman

Post Whore
actually pete - if you want a ref to get pedantic, there'd be apenalty EVERY f'n tackle - seriously, someone is a step offside, a marker not straight a guy holding on too long EVERY tackle - the ref HAS to make judgements on how much he is going to penalise all the time ... this guy went nuts!

I dunno - maybe they do it differently in the ESL? - maybe their style is more whistle happy .... but I swear there were so many f'n holding down penalties (both ways) in that game that we just ridiculous - its not f'n touch footy

If Steve Hanson had have refereed the NRL grand final, Parra would have won.

Suity

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Some of the holding down penalties were ridiculous. In any game, even this one, the defence needs some time to hold down in the play the ball, otherwise you get touch football or a penalty-fest.