What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four Nations will be very one sided

Goddo

Bench
Wow Goddo, you really are upset no St George players were picked. You support a suburb more then your country. Sounds like a bloddy Queenslander.

I am sick to death of seeing australian teams picked based on who the coaches and selectors mates are rather than picking the side with the best tallent on the today.

If I were a selector, I would throw loyalty out the door. I would put blokes like lockyer and hodges on notice. We have so much depth in this country we don't need to keep picking based on sentiment.

We will still win, but not with our best side.

shiznit

Coach
I am sick to death of seeing australian teams picked based on who the coaches and selectors mates are rather than picking the side with the best tallent on the today.

If I were a selector, I would throw loyalty out the door. I would put blokes like lockyer and hodges on notice. We have so much depth in this country we don't need to keep picking based on sentiment.

We will still win, but not with our best side.
the problem is mate... the Kangaroo's aren't an NRL All Star team.

The Coach & Selectors have to pick who they think will do the job for them. and thats based not just on form. its also based on things like previous form in the green and gold... or how they play in the big games of the season eg... finals series, SOO etc...

at the end of the day... its there heads on the block if they lose...

Play The Ball

Juniors
I'm surprised everybody thinks Australia are walk up certainties,sure they should be favorites but I wouldn't start celebrating already,

The trend in internationals in recent times,

Australia play alot better than NZ when thrown together on short notice, ie Anzac tests and early games in a series.

NZ on the other hand seem to gain alot of confidence and momentum during the duration of a tournament, training and playing together, and seem to gain ground on Australia over the series , by the time they reach the final they seem to peak and have been more than capable of giving the Aussies a hard time.

The last 3 finals in a series reads 2 - 1 to NZ,( the world cup and the last 2 tri-nations) with Australia getting their solitary win in extra time.

Under- estimate the kiwis in a final again at your own peril Australia.

hutch

First Grade
I'm surprised everybody thinks Australia are walk up certainties,sure they should be favorites but I wouldn't start celebrating already,

The trend in internationals in recent times,

Australia play alot better than NZ when thrown together on short notice, ie Anzac tests and early games in a series.

NZ on the other hand seem to gain alot of confidence and momentum during the duration of a tournament, training and playing together, and seem to gain ground on Australia over the series , by the time they reach the final they seem to peak and have been more than capable of giving the Aussies a hard time.

The last 3 finals in a series reads 2 - 1 to NZ,( the world cup and the last 2 tri-nations) with Australia getting their solitary win in extra time.

Under- estimate the kiwis in a final again at your own peril Australia.

i agree! i also think england are starting to produce some younger players capable of competing with us at the highest level. they have a great pack, probably the biggest going around and players such as ellis playing so well in the nrl will rub off on his team mates. im not sure if it will be this series, but they give a major tournament a really big shake within the next 4 or 5 years.

Billythekid

First Grade
Flat? His made more meters than any other Broncos player this year.
2580 meters in 18 games (143 per game).
Compared to J Morris' 1849 meters in 21 games (88 per game).
It's also more than Jennings 1925 in 19 games.
AND more per game than Inglis' 2689 in 22 games (122per game).

You and me have very different opinions on flat. I couldn't actually find any centres with more meters.

Although his only scored 3 tries, but there are plenty of other people in the Aussie backline to score tries.

This is my problem with him. Teams have him worked out, they show him the sideline than just push him towards it.

He makes some metres but he just creates no tries. He is nowhere near the likes of Inglis.

Edit: Just look at the 3 players you mentioned. They all had an excellent try scoring rate this year, and both Inglis and Morris created plenty of tries for their wingers.

Jennings scored plenty of tries despite being on a sh*t team.

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
hmmm dont get your hopes up so much..I doubt the Aussies winning the 4 nations is a sure thing..

nothing is a sure thing. it will be a great competition thats for sure. i think france will try and ambush either england or nz, not that i think they can win a game.

Latest posts