What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

Big Tim

First Grade
Was it you that said if you have the best fullback in the team then you play him at fullback?

No real surprises there anyway.

More concerned about the Gidley to halves thing, which it doesnt confirm at all.

Just says that the Knights #1 fullback will play fullback.

Confirmed: Boyd will be playing fullback next year.

Therefore, no Boyd in the centre/wing/ or halves.

Gidley >>> halves.

The part about Boyd to fullback, on his live blog.

Wato

Juniors
I sent a question in asking where he thought gids best position was at rep level but he did not answer it and gave little away at all throughout the entire blog. I was surprised he gave any indication as to where Boyd will play.

BUNNY23

Juniors
I sent a question in asking where he thought gids best position was at rep level but he did not answer it and gave little away at all throughout the entire blog. I was surprised he gave any indication as to where Boyd will play.

Sly but too thinly veiled you should have said for who would you substitute Gidley for?

aqua_duck

Coach
The role Gidley played tonight is the perfect role for him, that hooker/roving role, he was very good out of dummy half and he played alot of 1st and 2nd receiver aswell. The way I saw it was Pearce was on the left, Soward on the right and Gidley was abit of a link man between the too when he wasn't at dummy half. I think it helped open the field up alot more which allowed NSW to make alot of yards on the fringes

Last edited:

Johns Magic

Referee
Let's hope Roberts is in Bennett's plans, because otherwise I can't see where our second half is going to come from if it's not Gids.

K-Man

Bench
The role Gidley played tonight is the perfect role for him, that hooker/roving role, he was very good out of dummy half and he played alot of 1st and 2nd receiver aswell. The way I saw it was Pearce was on the left, Soward on the right and Gidley was abit of a link man between the too when he wasn't at dummy half. I think it helped open the field up alot more which allowed NSW to make alot of yards on the fringes

Absolutely right. He was like a more creative, more dangerous version of Dean Young's role at the Dragons. In a way it's ironic that it takes Gids NOT playing in the halves to look his best in feeding quality ball to others and making good decisions. If it's good enough for Origin, why isn't a hooker/lock role the right fit in the NRL? Plenty of lesser players than Gids have played that utility role successfully in the past. He's made for it.

Apey

Staff member
Still has a little work to do on his distribution but like others I hope he will end up at hooker rather than in the halves.

Much more positional role for Gidley tonight at hooker. A bit less roving and more positional. He really linked well with the halves and had his eye on the play and read it well. Hooker + part roving to give him more options is where he should be. That will fit in well if we get Bedsy.

Gids is electric from dummy half off the bench. He did exactly the same in game 3 last year in Sydney. He changed the entire momentum of our attack going forward the minute he came onto the field. Pearce and Soward seemed to get much better and quicker distribution from him than ennis gave.

Last edited:

Latest posts